PDA

View Full Version : Permission Forms

michelle j
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi all, im new to this board and im just re-setting up childminding after moving house. I havnt been minding for 15 months and im just re-doing all my policies ect so just wanted to check what i actually need for permission forms now and how you all do them to try to save these poor parents from writing their signiture so many times when they are filling out the forms lol

k1rstie
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
how you all do them to try to save these poor parents from writing their signiture so many times when they are filling out the forms lol

you could pre-add their name to all the boxes before you print out forme, then all they have to do is sign. I always find if you leave paperwork for them to sign, they will always miss a bit. I got a 'sign here ' with a big arrow ,stamp from vistaprint- on one of their freebie deals, and use this to highlight where they need to sign. I also have a date stamp (from WHSmiths I think), thats brilliant for ALL paperwork

rickysmiths
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I have one form that lists all my permissions, all my policies which I state they have read and agree to them and have received their own copy, a line saying they have received a copy of my complaints procedure, my Ofsted Cert and current PLI Insurance cert, a paragraph giving me or my assistant permission to use First Aid or to seek professional medical help or take their child to hospital.

All this actually goes onto two pages but the parents sign once at the end, it is dated and has a review date and a sentence stating that this document will be reviewed annually unless there is a change in the Law or Regulations or I need to make a change in which case it may be reviewed earlier.

k1rstie
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I have one form that lists all my permissions, all my policies which I state they have read and agree to them and have received their own copy, a line saying they have received a copy of my complaints procedure, my Ofsted Cert and current PLI Insurance cert, a paragraph giving me or my assistant permission to use First Aid or to seek professional medical help or take their child to hospital.

All this actually goes onto two pages but the parents sign once at the end, it is dated and has a review date and a sentence stating that this document will be reviewed annually unless there is a change in the Law or Regulations or I need to make a change in which case it may be reviewed earlier.

this is a good idea.

I also give a copy of the HPA sickness document, and add a note on the contract that they sign to say they have received a copy and are aware of the 48 hour rule - plus I change the timings from 24 to 48 on the back of my ncma contracts.

miffy
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I have all my permissions on one sheet but I'm afraid I do get parents to sign each permission individually - each says I give/do not give permission for........ - at least this way no one can complain that they didn't realise/didn't mean to give permission for something that they are not happy with later. It may be a bit over cautious on my part I don't know.

Miffy xx

michelle j
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Ok thank you for your replies, there are so many permissions needed and i have always had a signiture for each one but with adding more over the years its a bit silly now to sign for each one lol. Will re-do a new form i think :thumbsup:

michelle j
12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Miffy thats exactly how i did mine and was thinking its probably safer as covers everything, maybe i will just keep the layout the same and add the new ones i need to it lol

rickysmiths
12-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I have all my permissions on one sheet but I'm afraid I do get parents to sign each permission individually - each says I give/do not give permission for........ - at least this way no one can complain that they didn't realise/didn't mean to give permission for something that they are not happy with later. It may be a bit over cautious on my part I don't know.

Miffy xx

What do you do though if a parents refuses to give permission for one of the things? I couldn't work with a parent who didn't agree to all mine so I find the best way is to sign for all. I give them plenty of time to read them all and have a 'cooling off' period during the 4 weeks settling in.

michelle j
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Ive never had anyone refuse any permission before luckily.
I have just read about doing an option to agree/disagree on the right hand side with all permissions listed and asking them to initial by the side of each one and one main signiture at the bottom. Another idea was to colour code them as in maybe red for permissions that had to be signed, no opt out like emergency medical treatment ect and then say blue for others. I kinda feel i want all mine signed and agreed to as would be a palava having to plan things around certain kids that are not allowed to do particular things.

michelle j
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Is there a list anywhere of actual permissions needed? I think i have most but dont want to miss anything lol
The LA i have moved into is bigger and not very good at returning calls!