PDA

View Full Version : Contracts and accounts book-NCMA

SonnysMummy
20-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Can anyone tell me if you have ordered the contracts and accounts books from NCMA, how long did it take for the order to arrive after you had ordered them online? I'm just thinking that once i start childminding i obviously want the contracts ready to write up...although i don't really want to buy the books before i'm a member as they are nearly double the price of what they cost if you are a member!!! If i become a member and buy their insurance once i'm registered i may (hopefully anyway) have children already lined up and then i may be in a rush to have the contracts book...

Kelly:)

DiverBabe
20-06-2008, 09:29 PM
You beat me to it -I am also thinking along the same lines as you so about buying the contracts etc but like you say until you are registered there is not much you can do.

If anyone has any idea I too would find this helpful :)

Xx

katickles
20-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I ordered mine when my crbs were through. You are able to post date public liabilty insurance for upto 12 weeks which is what i did.

I think they say to allow upto 21days or something.

:)

SonnysMummy
20-06-2008, 10:11 PM
21 days for the books to come?!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

sue m
21-06-2008, 09:59 AM
When I joined the NCMA and bought their public liability insurance, I got the tool kit free with everything in it. I've not counted but I don't suppose there will be many contracts etc in it. I must have a look.

Sue x x

MissTinkerbell
21-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Can anyone tell me if you have ordered the contracts and accounts books from NCMA, how long did it take for the order to arrive after you had ordered them online? I'm just thinking that once i start childminding i obviously want the contracts ready to write up...although i don't really want to buy the books before i'm a member as they are nearly double the price of what they cost if you are a member!!! If i become a member and buy their insurance once i'm registered i may (hopefully anyway) have children already lined up and then i may be in a rush to have the contracts book...

My development officer filled everything in for me - NCMA membership and thier public liability insurance - as we get it as part of the start-up grant, so i didn't have to pay.

My purple box took 3 weeks to arrive.

MissTinkerbell
21-06-2008, 01:40 PM
When I joined the NCMA and bought their public liability insurance, I got the tool kit free with everything in it. I've not counted but I don't suppose there will be many contracts etc in it. I must have a look.

Sue x x

There's 6 contracts.

Mollymop
21-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I got my insurance and toolkit as part of my start up grant.

I was told that they take 4 weeks to come. And mine did.

So probably best to get on the phone to NCMA and ask them what they think

charleyfarley
21-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Mine have always taken about 2 weeks to come but they do say up to 28 days I think.

Carol xx

SonnysMummy
22-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you think it's the same length of time just for the books...you see, i don't want the whole toolkit. I've made my own attendence book and accident/incident/medication forms which i will put in a file so i don't need them. I'm just going to buy the accounts book and the contracts...so i'll get them separately. Has anyone just bought them separately and if so...how long for them to come?
I worked in a nursery so i'm just doing them same kind of paperwork...accident/incidents/meds wise.

SonnysMummy
24-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Just in case anyone else ever wants this question answering...i emailed NCMA and they said that it takes 5-10 days for stationary of this kind to arrive:)

deeb66
24-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I would recommend that you contact your local Early Years team as some areas will pay the whole cost for you if you are eligable for the start up grant.

I know not all areas do the start up grant but worth while checking to make sure before you go ahead and pay for it all yourself.

SonnysMummy
24-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Yeah, they already told us way back at the very first briefing session that we don't get a start up grant here:rolleyes: So having to pay for it all myself:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

deeb66
24-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah, they already told us way back at the very first briefing session that we don't get a start up grant here:rolleyes: So having to pay for it all myself:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thats a bummer isn't it!

It doesn't seem fair that some areas get it and some don't:(

SonnysMummy
24-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I know...they said they used to do it but not now as the goverment don't see that my town need anymore childminders. Hope this doesn't mean there isn't any demand for me!!! We get funded training though so not all bad:)