PDA

View Full Version : Is Equal Opportunity and Inclusion teh same thing?

acorns
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm updating my polciies and have one policy under each of these headings, but they say the same thing in different words pretty much. Do I need both or can I just have an Inclusion Policy?

sarah707
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I have an equality of opportunity policy in writing because it is a requirement of the Childcare Register 2010.

I include information about diversity, multiculturalism, racial equality, disability, the Equality Act and everything else in the one policy.

Some LAs require childminders to have a separate equality policy so check that first before discarding one.

Hth :D

Jo Jo
03-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I have both written polices just to make sure I'm covered :thumbsup:

jadavi
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
To answer your question...
Equal opps is to treat everyone with equal respect and attention regardless of ability, gender, race etc etc.
Inclusion is to make sure activities are suited to different abilities and personality types, special needs etc, differentiation is the buzz word here... (would include cultural and racial differences in this)

As I understand it....one is the philosophy behind it and the other is the practical application and you cant realy have one without the other.....but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better!!