PDA

View Full Version : After School Care- any ideas?

lovechildcare1
30-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi forumites,

I live near to 3 local primary schools with one being directly at the bottom of my street. As part of the care I provide I would like to
provide wrap around care both in the mornings and after school. This may involve picking children up from school and bringing them back to my house where the parent can pick them up.

I would like to provide a light snack and somewhere quiet where the older children can relax and be themselves. I would like to offer homework help as most parents struggle to find the time to help with this. I have some quite good ideas. I just wondered what other cm's provide for your after-schoolers and how much you charge? For me its £7.50 per hour for 3pm-6pm and for breakfast its 8am-9am at a charge of £1.50 per child.

Any comments, suggestions or ideas would be most helpful. I used to work at an after school club and loved it and as im currently a Teaching Assistant i know id miss working with older children so thought this would be a good idea.

JCrakers
31-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi :D

I think the price depends on your area and any other competitive afterschool clubs/minders

I charge £3.50 per hr because that's the going rate for here. The after school club is slightly more expensive by £2 I think.

I don't do homework and I only feed a cold tea such as sandwiches,toasted sandwiches and spag/beans on toast as I don't get time to cook for the schoolies and they have all had a cooked dinner at school anyway.

Homework here wouldn't work as its quite a noisy atmosphere but if you could offer a quiet place then I'm sure it would be a good idea.

lovechildcare1
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Hello and thank you for your response. I have just updated my website with after school club details. I could send you a link if you like? I would like to know what you think?