PDA

View Full Version : Need some inspiration

thinkfun
30-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I’m currently feeling very brain dead, after spending the whole day reviewing and updating my paperwork. I’m now trying to create an all about me form for after school children, that’s not too long and that they can complete by themselves. So far I’ve got

The school they attend
What class they are in
Their teacher’s name
What after school clubs they attend
What activities they like doing

But can’t think of what else to include, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

sarah707
30-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I find older children need leading a bit more than 'what activities?'

What is your favourite lesson at school? What book are you reading at home at the moment? What is your favourite television programme? Do you play xbox, wii or something else?

Hth :D

blue bear
30-10-2012, 06:41 PM
What don't you like? Foods/activities

thinkfun
30-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Sarah

Do you think it would be a good idea to have two all about me forms for the after school children. One that the child can fill in about the things they like (trying to keep the child one very positive) and one for the parents to fill in about food they like/dislike, fears, needs and so on.

sarah707
30-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Sarah

Do you think it would be a good idea to have two all about me forms for the after school children. One that the child can fill in about the things they like (trying to keep the child one very positive) and one for the parents to fill in about food they like/dislike, fears, needs and so on.

I have a very simple sheet for the child - when they've settled in a bit - asking about likes, dislikes, favourites etc.

I find some enjoy doing it while others aren't really interested but will answer if I do it like a quiz with them and involve the other children too.

hth :D

thinkfun
30-10-2012, 08:17 PM
I have a very simple sheet for the child - when they've settled in a bit - asking about likes, dislikes, favourites etc.

I find some enjoy doing it while others aren't really interested but will answer if I do it like a quiz with them and involve the other children too.

hth :D

Thanks Sarah, just want to keep it very simple, so that it's not a chore to fill in. Like the idea of doing it like as a group quiz.