PDA

View Full Version : Question: I want to offer pay by the hour for parents do i need a contract?

lovechildcare1
30-10-2012, 10:26 AM
I wish to offer pay by the hour for parents who just want temporary care whilst they go to the doctors, interview etc etc. What forms do I need? Do parents need to sign a contract or just fill in a simple form? I know many childminders offer such a service and I feel that it will be beneficial for me to do the same? :panic: I am starting to regret going self-employed as nobody to bounce ideas off lol!

blue bear
30-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I think I'd write up my own simple one page contract for parents to sign.

mum24
30-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes, do a very simple contract saying hours as required and if space available, at such and such a fee per hour. This will cover you for insurance, and also for Ofsted if you needed a variation for this child for an hour or two if it took you over your numbers, you have continuity of care:)
I would also have all the usual child record and permission forms, just to be on the safe side.
It may also be worth deciding on how much you will charge if they go over the hour, if anything. Just a thought.

And there are lots of lovely people on here, very happy for you to bounce your ideas off...
They have helped me no end.:)

lovechildcare1
07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I have designed a short booking form. Will get my cm friend to look at it for me