PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ACTIVITIES

EmmaReed84
29-10-2012, 06:11 AM
Hello, just wondering if you can help me with some Halloween activities... not crafts (we are crafted out LOL)

I had an idea, I found a YouTube video of a skeleton singing the skeleton song. I thought about getting the children lay down on a roll of paper and drawing round their bodies and link it with the song and get them to label parts of their body, older ones the bones and younger ones just like hands, feet, legs arms etc.

What other activities can we do, also what books or anything like that?

Thank you x

Dragonfly
29-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Apple bobbin. hang some ring doughnuts up with string, children have to try and eat it with hands behind back (do same with apples).

Maza
29-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Funnybones, Room on the Broom, Angelina's Halloween, Winnie the Witch books, The Jolly Witch, Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumkin, Bear's Bargain - these are some of the books I've been reading with my LO's.

Afriend of mine had a Halloween party and they did apple bobbing, marshmellows on a string, a jelly sensory tub with jelly worm sweets inside and they wrapped the dads up in white loo roll (mummies).

I made a Halloween Bingo using clip art, cut out some little ghots and spiders and hid them around the room, the one who found the most was the winner, pin the tail on the witches cat, a bat race (paper bats and they have to 'fan' them across the room). x

BucksCM
29-10-2012, 08:42 AM
How about pin the spider on the web/nose on the skull...done these at youth club
Depending on the age of the children, pumpkin seed game...seed on a plate, suck on a straw to hold them as the end of the straw, move to a cup/another plate...time and see how many in a certain time or put a set amount out and race to see who does it first. (make sure seeds are bigger than the hole in the straw!)
Mummy game...cheap loo rolls, teams, use rolls to decorate one of team members.
Party games I know, but great to just play anyway!