PDA

View Full Version : Do I charge for full day?

francinejayne
28-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I look after E term time only 7.30am until 4pm, I charge £35 a day. During the school holidays I charge a £20 per day retainer. The contract states if childcare is required during school holidays additional charges will apply.

Mum has asked if I can have E for 4 hours one day this week.

Should I still just charge £20 or should I charge £35 for the day - if she were using all day I wouldn't hesitate to charge £35, but seeing as it's 4 hours I'm not sure? There is no mention of half day rate on the contract.

Thanks

cathtee
28-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi I don't charge my term time only a retainer as I have other children coming in just for hols,so I would just charge for the 4 hours, but
in your case as you charge anyway I think I would charge the normal fee of £20.

k1rstie
28-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I look after E term time only 7.30am until 4pm, I charge £35 a day. During the school holidays I charge a £20 per day retainer. The contract states if childcare is required during school holidays additional charges will apply.

Mum has asked if I can have E for 4 hours one day this week.

Should I still just charge £20 or should I charge £35 for the day - if she were using all day I wouldn't hesitate to charge £35, but seeing as it's 4 hours I'm not sure? There is no mention of half day rate on the contract.

Thanks

same as cath, I think.

kirstie:clapping:

Tatjana
29-10-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't see how you can charge more than £20 for 4 hours, unless it's in your contract....well I wouldn't. What does it say in your contract?

christine e
29-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Thing is you charge £20 retainer which you wuld be having if she wasn't coming so I think you should charge as she is using the place, if you don't charge any extra she might start sending her for 4 hours in the holidays on a regular basis.

clorogue
29-10-2012, 09:32 PM
If you are charging a retainer, you are obviously keeping that space open for the child. I have always believed that if you are charging a retainer during the holidays, then the parent is entitled to use you up to those retainer hours. If they need any more for that day, then you charge extra. If you don't charge retainer hours and are happy to work only term time, then the parents shouldn't be entitled to use that space during the holidays if you see what I mean. Charging a retainer the parents should be able to use you in the holidays, therefore worth considering whether a retainer should be charged if you want child free holidays!