PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire Night activity ideas needed please

Jenna
26-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm really stuck with what to do with the Lo's for bonfire night we've done loads for Halloween yet my mind just seems to have gone blank. Any shared ideas would be much appreciated.

JCrakers
26-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Black card and chalk always go down well. The older ones can draw firework shapes and the younger ones just like to do whatever :D

Glue and glitter on black card

Cardboard tubes painted or covered with stickers with tissue paper streamers coming out the end

sarah707
26-10-2012, 03:35 PM
We usually focus on bats or spiders - whichever the children prefer :D

loocyloo
26-10-2012, 04:04 PM
you could get Lo to stick twigs etc on a piece of dark paper, then 'paint' ... splosh, drip, finger paint, whatever/however some flames on/glitter.

glue just dribbled all over some card ( for my LO, glue is the main reason to do ANYTHING! ) and then sprinkle some glitter over to be fireworks

breadsticks dipped in choclate and sprinkles to make sparklers ( or soft cheese & seeds/nuts for a healthy option! )

hectors house
26-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I saw a recipe somewhere where you just get box of chocolate fingers, dip the end in warm water then dip in sprinkles to make sparklers - can't get much easier than that - the hard part will be hiding the choc fingers til I need them or they will be gone!

I am going to use the opportunity to do Fire safety with the older children and read the story of "frances the firefly" who played with matches and destroyed the whole town.

Kiddleywinks
26-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I saw a recipe somewhere where you just get box of chocolate fingers, dip the end in warm water then dip in sprinkles to make sparklers - can't get much easier than that - the hard part will be hiding the choc fingers til I need them or they will be gone!

I did these this week, kids (and parents) loved them :clapping: Thankfully, the Co-Op have them on offer @ £1 pack :D

EmmaReed84
26-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Black card, blobs of bright paint/glue and glitter and a straw, get the children to blow the paint/glue about to make firework...

Go to the park and collect some small twigs to make a bonfire picture. Either add some yellow leaves, or yellow and red tissue paper for the flames...

I did the chocolate fingers last year, they were fab and so easy to do. The hard part was trying to stop the kids eating the hundreds and thousands LOL

blue bear
26-10-2012, 07:26 PM
We make junk model fire works. Decorate paper plates, mount onto big straws with split pins for Catherine wheels.

Maza
26-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I haven't yet found a nice bonfire night story but there are lots of bonfire/firework poems that you could download and read to your mindees. The descriptive language is fab. You could look at firweork displays on youtube. Do you have any long ribbons or scarves that you could dance with after watching the displays? Splash painting on black paper is always effective.