PDA

View Full Version : Help with next steps

jo.jo76
25-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Please help!

I have a LO age 22mths who will loves play with bricks, He methodically goes through the box and find all what he wants, for example every 2x2 duplo block and places it around him, on a board or in a long line. And recently this has moved to putting a large brick at the bottom and a smaller one on top. He does this with wooden blocks, plastic duplo, mega bloks etc. He will sit surrounded by dozens of these arrangements.
Has anyone got any thoughts on what I can do for next steps/future provision
Thank you

Jo

sarah707
26-10-2012, 07:53 AM
It sounds very much as if he is exploring a trajectory - straight line / up and down / making lines - schema.

He might enjoy anything that involves lines - from water play holding his hands in flowing water and watching wheels to throwing balls.

Hth :D

jo.jo76
27-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Thank you Sarah, yes I was thinking about schemas but wasn't sure. I will have a look through my again, again book.

Not sure if you can see them, but I uploaded an album with the photos to try and explain his little creations :-)

gizzybear
27-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I would start building small creations of your own very simple but pracise and see if he begins to copy your shape... colour formation.... block choice......