PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit??? Scottish childminder advice please!

Lizzieritchie
25-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi folks, I filled out my application form and sent it away the start of October! I received the forms for my my PVG two days ago and today I had a phone call from care inspectorate arranging a date to come out and talk with me about my childminding application..... Is this my Pre reg visit (sorry if sounds like a silly question :blush: )

It all just seems to be happening really fast, not that I'm complaining ha. If this is a Pre reg visit what do I need in place form wise? I'm thinking policies and procedures and risk assessments?

I'm in Scotland so would be great to hear from Scottish childminders as things seem to be different for Scottish and English childminders

I'm excited but nervous ha :rolleyes:

Thanks

sarah707
25-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes it sounds like you are about to get your pre-reg visit!

Go through the pre-reg information and Scottish standards - they will give you an idea about the things your CC inspector will be wanting to see.

Good luck! :D

scottishlass
25-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi folks, I filled out my application form and sent it away the start of October! I received the forms for my my PVG two days ago and today I had a phone call from care inspectorate arranging a date to come out and talk with me about my childminding application..... Is this my Pre reg visit (sorry if sounds like a silly question :blush: )

It all just seems to be happening really fast, not that I'm complaining ha. If this is a Pre reg visit what do I need in place form wise? I'm thinking policies and procedures and risk assessments?

I'm in Scotland so would be great to hear from Scottish childminders as things seem to be different for Scottish and English childminders

I'm excited but nervous ha :rolleyes:

Thanks

Wow - that is quick!! I filled out my form mid July and only got my pre-reg about 2/3 weeks ago as they wouldn't do it till pvgs, health check, references and fire visit etc all done first. Finally seem to be nearing the end though!! In my area there is usually just 1 visit but I know other areas have 2/3 visits so this may be why your first one is so quick (lady on my course had it this way)

I had to show my policies and procedures, risk assessment for the house and garden, talk about child protection etc and then have a walk around my house - lasted about 2 1/2 hours - good luck and let us know how it goes! :)

jollynippers
29-10-2012, 09:55 AM
i done mine 3 week ago and got my pvg formand medical form for gp last week, i been to care inspectorate at my local for PVG return the form and doc still got the form as i have toi pay the £80 fee :mad: so after that they say some one will contact me on nov to see me she was a nice woman to speak to. it maybe to check you form if it right she say it was the harder part and she say my appilcation fill but not worry they help u thought that what they say to me if i have problem they come to house and on the date they coming.

scottishlass
29-10-2012, 10:48 AM
i done mine 3 week ago and got my pvg formand medical form for gp last week, i been to care inspectorate at my local for PVG return the form and doc still got the form as i have toi pay the £80 fee :mad: so after that they say some one will contact me on nov to see me she was a nice woman to speak to. it maybe to check you form if it right she say it was the harder part and she say my appilcation fill but not worry they help u thought that what they say to me if i have problem they come to house and on the date they coming.

wow - £80 is very steep - I thought mine was bad at £25!

jollynippers
29-10-2012, 01:00 PM
wow - £80 is very steep - I thought mine was bad at £25!

i know my sis in law a minder she pay 25 in the same town and i have to pay i have no idea, not happy man as more money out the bank same as PVG too that £59 total £135 aweek

starting minding cost alot but it be worth at the end

scottishlass
30-10-2012, 11:19 PM
i know my sis in law a minder she pay 25 in the same town and i have to pay i have no idea, not happy man as more money out the bank same as PVG too that £59 total £135 aweek

starting minding cost alot but it be worth at the end

Yeah it does feel like you have to pay out so much!! Sure will be worth it once we are registered!!