PDA

View Full Version : DH getting eye ball scraped

dette
23-10-2012, 07:56 AM
off to hospital to get DH eye ball scraped.He has a fibre stuck to his eye under his contact lenses ...dont imagine its going to be pleasant:(

TNT
23-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I have had it done and it is not pleasent but also not as bad a you imagine. I had some contact lense stuck to my eyeball because I kept forgetting to take them off before I showered and then they would get abit stuck.
I wear glasses now!
Good luck.

sarah707
23-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Ewww! :panic: I hope it goes ok xx

teacake2
23-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Uggh, I hate anything to do with eyes, I have nightmares about them, all my sisters fault, used to take me to the saturday morning pictures, one horror film about eyes, never got over it. DH has just had two operations on his eyes and I have had to put in eye drops for him, made me feel sick. Now I have to go to the hospital for 3 seperate appointments for my eyes possible glaucoma, I am dreading it nearly as bad as someone putting there great big horrible fingers in my mouth to look at my teeth:panic::panic::panic:
Teacake2

WibbleWobble
23-10-2012, 01:17 PM
When i was an eye nurse we had a teenager come in. He parents had gone on holiday and she had had a party. She got ratted and went to bed....she tried to take her contacts out....she tried and tried and tried....pulling on her cornea.

She woke up next day unable to see....

she had taken her contacts out and had forgotten....she was literally pulling her cornea and as she was piuddled she couldnt feel it.

She needed a cornea transplant

hope every one had had their lunch...

wibble xxx

Pipsqueak
23-10-2012, 02:04 PM
OMG Mrs Wibble euwwwwwwwwwww

not nice....:(

And Dette - hope Mr Dette is ok.

Teacake - I don't 'do' eyes either:panic:

My mum has had glaucoma for years and we used to put her drops in.. ick!!!

dette
23-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Mr Dette is fine thanks everyone..they got the fibre off without too much effort.Hes a bit uncomfortable and back wearing glasses for a week but should be ok x

samb
23-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Oh yuck Wibble that is awful!

I decided I wanted contact lenses for my wedding - I hated them. Took me ages as as soon as my finger got near to poking it in I would flinch and shut my eye! I now just wear glasses. My optician keeps telling me I should wear contacts cos of the possibility of kids grabbing my glasses but I just say no way! I got married 11 years ago.

I couldn't imagine having to have my eye scraped - yuck, just sounds so horrible! Hope it goes ok!