PDA

View Full Version : What do you charge for wraparound care?

MrsP2C
22-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't have any schoolies yet but propsed to charge £6.50 before school (8 til drop-off inc breakfast) and £18 after school (until 6 inc meal & snacks) reduced to £21 for both. Does this sound ok for wraparound relative to my usual charge of £6/hr or £55 for 8-6?
What do you all charge for before & after school?

Jo Jo
22-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Different areas of the country charge differently I would find out what the other childminders in your area charge :)
I charge £6.50 7-9am £6.50 3-5pm £10.00 3-6pm I charge extra for any meals they want me to provide. Hope that helps a little :)

k1rstie
22-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't have any schoolies yet but propsed to charge £6.50 before school (8 til drop-off inc breakfast) and £18 after school (until 6 inc meal & snacks) reduced to £21 for both. Does this sound ok for wraparound relative to my usual charge of £6/hr or £55 for 8-6?
What do you all charge for before & after school?

I have always just charged my hourly fee, for before and after school. Too many rates is too confusing for my little brain!! :ohdear:

If the school the kids go to has an breakfast club or after school club, have to compared your charges with them. If you are too expensive, it may be cheaper for parents to send to after school club, especially if they only need care between 8 and 6. If you were open earlier than 8 or later than 6, the school clubs might not be able to compete with your opening hours for a parent that needs care from 7.45 till 6.15. If you see what I mean.

MrsP2C
22-10-2012, 12:01 PM
I have always just charged my hourly fee, for before and after school. Too many rates is too confusing for my little brain!! :ohdear:

If the school the kids go to has an breakfast club or after school club, have to compared your charges with them. If you are too expensive, it may be cheaper for parents to send to after school club, especially if they only need care between 8 and 6. If you were open earlier than 8 or later than 6, the school clubs might not be able to compete with your opening hours for a parent that needs care from 7.45 till 6.15. If you see what I mean.

I did wonder whether I was making it all too complicated and for the sake of 50p whether I should just stick with my hourly fee but keep the discount for full sessions (as I don't really want someone just coming for an hour & taking a place).
Thankfully there is no before & after school club for our school which I guess helps prices and I will work earlier/later but rather not so at a higher fee.
Thank you both.

JCrakers
22-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I just charge my hourly rate of £3.50. It works out slightly cheaper than the after school club. 1 child goes at 5-5.15, 1 goes at 5.30 and the rest after so I just charge hourly from 3pm. :D
The after school club charge a flat fee no matter what time you pick up

I include a sandwich,light tea in the cost as I don't have time to cook. All the school children have a hot school dinner so it works out nicely.

I don't do breakfast as I don't have time for that either. Everyone eats at home and I start at 8am