PDA

View Full Version : Guilty.

bulldog
22-10-2012, 07:15 AM
As some may know my Mum is poorly in hosp with a nasty infection. Im run ragged between her house, hosp visiting and my own family. I have to work this week :-(
Subsequently something has had to give and ive done no planning (do it weekly) I have ideas in my head but to be honest have neither the time or inclination to get the the files etc out to write formal plans forthis week at least!
Would you just write something in my own diary or ???

k1rstie
22-10-2012, 07:34 AM
So you do not write your planning down for one week? so what!!!

Some things are more important than written plans. Think about yourself and your family.

Ripeberry
22-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Forget the planning. There are more important things to deal with. I dont write plans. They always go out the window. I just write about what we have done. Im child led by their moods and interests. Why make extra stress for yourself?
Hope things improve for you soon.

loocyloo
22-10-2012, 08:18 AM
my written plan is usually just what/if any groups i intend to visit, plus fitting in meals/snacks & sleeps!

then i scribble down what we have done later on.

have a quiet week, just pottering around, sometimes those weeks are the best of all.

take care

xxx

JCrakers
22-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Well I don't do written planning

I just have next steps on my monthly obs, ofsted were fine with this and so were my strict LA when doing FEEE

So forget it for a week and concentrate on what's important :thumbsup:

silvermist
22-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I havent done any this week either. Been a very emotional weekend and there are things way more important than planning. Dont worry about it. xxx

Kirstylob
24-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't feel bad, there are times when a job has to come 2nd to what's important and right now you need to put yourself, your mum and your family before everything else. You have enough to worry about without not doing planning for a week!! You can always write it up later and 'pretend' that it was written before you did it - isn't that retrospective planning?
Hope things improve soon. x

blue bear
24-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't really do written planning, everything comes off next steps observation and children's requests. Anything else is in my head.

hectors house
25-10-2012, 08:20 AM
At times like you are going through, I just think that if I was in a "normal" employed job I would probably take time off on compationate leave - so the parents are lucky that you are working at all.

This year I have got really behind with my observations and writing them up but I have had a daughter get married, a shoulder operation and then went into sudden onset menopause causing terrible ill health and exhaustion - oh and a perforated ear drum - through all that I took one day off before wedding and one day off for shoulder operation - surely reliability should come top of the list compared with jumping through Ofsted paperwork hoops!

Don't beat yourself up over it, and hope your mum gets better soon :group hug:

bulldog
25-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks all!
Mum still in hospital, shes had C Dificile. Feeling and looking better today. I have worked but zero paperwork done!
Its times like this I wish I was employed and able to just ring in sick!!