PDA

View Full Version : Please help me :(

Claireabella7
21-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Ladies, I received THE call from Mr O on Friday, he is planning to visit this weds, thurs or fri. I only registered in May so it is my first grading inspection and a little earlier than anticipated, but hey-ho. So I have been going through my SEF and all my paperwork this weekend to make sure everything is in place etc, feel a little panicked, but I should all be sorted by the time he visits :thumbsup:
However, I am now close to tears after stupidly just this moment realising that when my son who is 4, started full time school in September, I have forgot to let Ofsted know so they could change my certificate to saying 3 in the EYFS age group! Since September, there has been a few occasions where I have had my 3 EYFS children all together. I am now worried that I could possibly be shut down as I have obviously been breaking my conditions :(
Can someone please advise me on how best to deal with this situation? I am going to ring Ofsted first thing in the morning and explain the situation. Does any one have any idea what they may say to me?
Thanks for reading
Claire

Lilylulu
21-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm no expert on this but please dont panic, I am sure all is fine, ring them tomorrow to get it changed. - have you got more than 2 on the day he comes? If not then no need to point this out other than to say you have recently advised ofsted of the change and are waiting for a new certificate. I panicked about not having a CYPOP5 certificate even though I had done the course as part of the diploma. In the end it didnt matter one bit. Concentrate on them seeing everything else you are doing well and dont get hung up on this one thing, good luck xx

blue bear
21-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Under the revised eyfs it gives the impression you are responsible for staying in numbers and keeping within the 6 under 8 which is what you have been done. My understanding is we will get new certificates at some point and even though ofsted were not ready for the 1st September we had to be and this included no longer getting variations granted by ofsted or getting new certificates when your chikd goes to full time school. Now I could be wrong but I would go with that argument myself.
Stop panicking, ring ofsted tomorrow, you know you have not been over numbers, refer back to the revised eyfs.

Claireabella7
21-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your reply Annsplace! I have just found another thread on the fact that Ofsted are asking us to ignore our old certificates anyway and not to worry re numbers as long as you're within what you should be iyswim?! Which I am! I am also worried as I have not done the CYPOP5 yet, and actually planned to begin this month anyway. It sounds silly but with buying other resources and just about having enough to make ends meet I havent been able to afford it until now. Do you think they will be ok with me only just starting it? Its not as if Im not probably doing most of what this course is going to teach me anyway, surely?
Thanks, Claire

caz3007
21-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I would ring Ofsted on Monday to check the numbers thing but wouldnt mention either things to Mr O unless asked ;)