PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing enough?

Npg1
21-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi, well I started cm in August for a now 11 month old. I have been working on a learning journal for her, in this journal I put any post it obs I have made during the day which literally says ' x clapped today' with the date, I then use 2simple app and all the activities I do with her I fill in and print off with a picture and stick in this book.

I only have her 2 days a week, do I need to do planning or anything else?

Thanks

sarah707
21-10-2012, 02:51 PM
For a little one your planning is a mixture of the things the child enjoys doing and the next steps ideas you have had for the child to try - normally based on observations.

The focus on inspections is on how you are supporting the child to make good progress so it's a constant cycle of obs, assessments, next steps planning, obs etc.

hth :D

Npg1
23-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your reply.

So should I have a seperate obs folder? All my observations go into the learning journal. I use 2simple app and do an activity, eg, exploring rice, take a picture and link it to EYFS, then sick it in jouranal and write next steps. Do I need to be doing observations too?

sarah707
23-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your reply.

So should I have a seperate obs folder? All my observations go into the learning journal. I use 2simple app and do an activity, eg, exploring rice, take a picture and link it to EYFS, then sick it in jouranal and write next steps. Do I need to be doing observations too?

Everything goes in the Learning Journey -

Obs - the child playing with rice, sensory exploration etc

Assessment - what is the child learning? Link it to the Eyfs

Next steps / individual planning - make some coloured rice so child can experiment with mixing colours

Follow up - child playing with coloured rice, separating out the different colours into pots

Obs .......

Hth :D