PDA

View Full Version : Men!

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I could just poke DH right in the flaming eye right now... with chili on my finger LOL.

Last Sunday I was doing roast dinner, I put the chicken in and the spuds in the pan and said I needed oil to do the roasties when they were ready. So off he trots to the shop... Baring in mind it takes him only 15 minutes to get there, park up, go in, find what he needs, pay, and get home! 45 MINUTES later I call him to see where he is as, his phone rings in the lounge :rolleyes: I have a hunch and call his Nan, yup, he was there, chatting and having a coffee... She said he had only just left, it takes 3 minutes to get back from her house... Another 20 minutes goes by and he strolls in! :angry: I had a right go at him, telling him he really picks his moments, and how would he like it if he was cooking and sent me off to get something and I went to a friends house for a coffee.

Roll on to tonight, he has bought Fajita stuff for us two for tea tonight, I have prepared everything, chopped the peppers, onion and chicken, so now just waiting for him to arrive home so I can get cooking... Get a phone call "I am at my Mum's house, gonna have a drink I'll be a little while!" :eek: I called him and basically told him I had been also working and he can think again if he wanders in at gone 8/9pm and thinks I am cooking. :mad: 10 minutes later he comes home, so I start to cook and he announces he is going back out to his Mum's house... I simply ask "What do you want me to do with your dinner?" and HE FLIPS AT ME saying "I thought that much is obvious!" my thought... right now, Yeah! Lace it with arsenic!!! :angry:

I know it sounds so petty, but it just annoys me so much! I would never do that to him! Perhaps that is where I am going wrong... Maybe I should LOL!

Feel better I got that off my chest... off to cook my lovely Fajitas and have them nice and FRESH! Plus I can get all the best bits of chicken and leave him with the poo bits LOL

cathtee
19-10-2012, 06:16 PM
oh dear, enjoy yours while hot, he won't enjoy his cold or even uncooked lol

bunyip
19-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Emma, dear heart, as the token male around here I sincerely apologise on behalf of all men. :o

I'd offer to eat your DH's dinner for him but, after a trip to the dentist today I can't even chew Mrs Bunyip's soup. :p

silvermist
19-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Lol, thats so annoying isnt it. My dh walked in the other night just after los had left and he says" wheres tea!"

erm in the flippin freezer luv!!!

"ive been at work all day!"

"yeah well so I have luv and when tea is done you'll be sat on your fat :censored: while Im loading the dishwasher, doing the ironing and getting ready for los in the morning!"

We had take away that night!!!!

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Emma, dear heart, as the token male around here I sincerely apologise on behalf of all men. :o

I'd offer to eat your DH's dinner for him but, after a trip to the dentist today I can't even chew Mrs Bunyip's soup. :p

Well I just finished my Fajita and it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Lol, thats so annoying isnt it. My dh walked in the other night just after los had left and he says" wheres tea!"

"yeah well so I have luv and when tea is done you'll be sat on your fat :censored: while Im loading the dishwasher, doing the ironing and getting ready for los in the morning!"

This made me laugh so much.... This actually sounds like me and DH! :laughing:

bunyip
19-10-2012, 07:22 PM
You know the DH is cooking when he puts a pizza in the oven for 200 minutes at 18 degrees. :o

mushpea
19-10-2012, 07:38 PM
lol the only time my OH cooks is pizza nights, he walks in and sometimes even rings me from work to ask whats for dinner,

Maza
19-10-2012, 07:52 PM
It is rude, they wouldn't do it to anyone else. I blame the mothers. Emma, you said you ate your fajita - seriosly, did you only have one? I need two or three until I'm full. :blush:

EmmaReed84
19-10-2012, 08:25 PM
It is rude, they wouldn't do it to anyone else. I blame the mothers. Emma, you said you ate your fajita - seriosly, did you only have one? I need two or three until I'm full. :blush:

OK wellI had two and they were massively full to bursting with chicken

silvermist
19-10-2012, 08:27 PM
OK wellI had two and they were massively full to bursting with chicken

I hope for the sake of women everywhere that you left the groobly bits for dh!! :D

Rubybubbles
19-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I made meatballs and spaghetti after working a 11 hour day whilst they all sat watching tv tonight somedays I feel like grrr about it!! Do when I suggested after tea us all going for a walk they All pulled a face!!

migimoo
19-10-2012, 09:13 PM
lol the only time my OH cooks is pizza nights, he walks in and sometimes even rings me from work to ask whats for dinner,

:laughing:Same here....today I had one LO grizzling next to me all day teething,one asking if we could bake cakes and one being fed when he rang to ask what was for dinner....it's a good job we can't swear in front of the LO's i tell you!!.......and yes...I blame his mother!

PixiePetal
19-10-2012, 09:39 PM

my DH no longer says 'what's for dinner?' but 'is there any dinner?' and if I give the frazzled look of despair he says 'shall I get a takeaway?'

Tues are great since I have discovered the fish and chip van goes to next village at 6pm :thumbsup:

~Grasshopper~
20-10-2012, 07:04 AM
emma i totally sympathise. my dp would do the same.

I am always blaming his mother, he didnt leave home till he was 30 and he paid her £20 a week to do everything for him, he is totally useless and it drives me insane, infact i could go poke him in the eye right now lol.

im 6 weeks pregnant, feeling so sick and have been up since 6.30am with our boys, he is still in bed hungover :(

x

bunyip
21-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Doesn't blaming his mother merely show that we all expect the woman of the family to do the cooking and teach the cooking? :p

To be truly diverse and equal, let's blame his father. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, if God had meant us to cook, she wouldn't send her heavenly angels :littleangel: to post takeaway menus through our doors. :rolleyes: