PDA

View Full Version : i want a...

WibbleWobble
19-10-2012, 01:08 PM
dustbuster....or something similar.

I am still finding rice from tuesday inbetween the woodblock floor. And having made jam tarts this morning we now have flour everywhere....

i have brushed up but....to get the hoover out would be a faff and i would have to move all the chairs from under the table to get at it all....hence the use of a brush and now the want of a dustbuster

any tips? recommendations?

funny thing is i keep hearing Sweets "Blockbuster" in my head

wibble xxxxx

eddie
19-10-2012, 03:56 PM
dustbuster....or something similar.

I am still finding rice from tuesday inbetween the woodblock floor. And having made jam tarts this morning we now have flour everywhere....

i have brushed up but....to get the hoover out would be a faff and i would have to move all the chairs from under the table to get at it all....hence the use of a brush and now the want of a dustbuster

any tips? recommendations?

funny thing is i keep hearing Sweets "Blockbuster" in my head

wibble xxxxx

I have a mini dyson which is brilliant and I just keep it to hand all day for those little jobs. It has a handy brushy attachment for persuading rice out of nooks and crannys.

funemnx
19-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I'd love a dustbuster!

Prefereably one called Paulo, 6'4" and a wearing a pinny! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

smurfette
19-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Saw an ad this am for a combo thing which vacuums and steam mops! Will let you know what it is called when I see it again! Would like the mini dyson too!

k1rstie
19-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I have a floor sweeper - like your nan had, but now they are battery operated!

I got it as the kids alsways make such a fuss due to the dyson's noise. This is much quieter.

Its a sweeper not a sucker - I find it brilliant, and use it all the time- can sweep peas, pasta, the odd bean and other food. If the tray is looking a bit grubby, I just take the tray out and stick it in the dishwasher.

The kids love using it too

Its a Gtech cordless electronic sweeper. You can get them from Argos and Tesco Direct.

;):o:laughing:

Pixie dust
19-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I know what you mean, we had rice out on wednesday and I still keep finding little grains all over the place.

funemnx
19-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Saw an ad this am for a combo thing which vacuums and steam mops! Will let you know what it is called when I see it again! Would like the mini dyson too!

I saw that too, it looked very good - made by Bissell I think :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
19-10-2012, 05:18 PM

I got it as the kids alsways make such a fuss due to the dyson's noise. This is much quieter.

Its a sweeper not a sucker - I find it brilliant, and use it all the time- can sweep peas, pasta, the odd bean and other food. If the tray is looking a bit grubby, I just take the tray out and stick it in the dishwasher.

Its a Gtech cordless electronic sweeper. You can get them from Argos and Tesco Direct.

we had something similar in the 1960s and 70s.....was called a Ew-bank in our house.

wibble xxxx

cathtee
19-10-2012, 06:00 PM

I have one of these too, it is really useful for a quick wizz after lunch or crafts and not too noisy if lo asleep and others have made a mess:thumbsup:

clareelizabeth1
19-10-2012, 06:47 PM
What you need is my two springer spaniels they get every crum off the floor. But I do spend my life sterilising the floor.

Kidz-Care
19-10-2012, 07:04 PM

I have one of these too, I love it! I originally brought it because my Dyson was too noisy for the little ones, but my older kids love using it to get the messy bits up after doing activities so that's one job less for me to do! :clapping:

mushpea
19-10-2012, 07:43 PM
we have a cheap version of the dust buster and the kids love using it to clean up, they even hoover each other lol. we have a charly (labrador) who watches where all the food falls then once the kids have left the table he hoovers up the floor too.