PDA

View Full Version : another.........can i claim for???

ziggy
19-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Following on from another thread about backache etc. I visit a physio as and when needed for back and neck problems, i have scoliosis which is worse when working ( I mind 2 two yr olds and a 1 yr old who need lifting into car, onto changing station etc etc)

So was wondering if i could claim fee i pay physio? I have noticed when i'm not working my back isnt painful

MrAnchovy
19-10-2012, 12:59 PM
No you cannot claim for this I am afraid.

ziggy
19-10-2012, 01:32 PM
ok thanks for reply

hectors house
19-10-2012, 03:55 PM
My Osteopath told me I could claim - she has to see another osteopath from time to time and couldn't work without otherwise and she claims, she gives me a full receipt and I have been claiming 50% of the charge.

I have tried taking children with me to the NHS free physio but it was a disaster so I have no choice but to see someone who will work early mornings, late evening or saturdays - I couldn't work without seeing an osteopath or private physio. Last year I sprained my back picking up a child, had no time off sick because I paid £120 for private treatment, this year I had a shoulder operation and had to seek private physio because the NHS one was useless.

Am going to keep on claiming - until the tax man catches up with me!

MrAnchovy
22-10-2012, 09:29 AM
My Osteopath told me I could claim

You can't rely on tax advice from your osteopath - my back massage isn't much good either! :D

ziggy
22-10-2012, 05:18 PM
so i guess the answer is still no?????