PDA

View Full Version : Learning Journal Help

Mandalane
18-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I have just been made aware that I have my first inspection in 2 weeks! so as you can imagine I am really worried! I look after one 19 month old during the day and have a scrap book for his learning Journal and have taken lots of pictures but am having trouble putting it all together so am seriously behind! I understand about observations and next steps but it's the bit about matching it with different area's that I am struggling with. Is it enough just to have this scrap book for each child? I have not been doing a daily log but I use a white board to makes notes to tell mum about food eaten and nappies/sleep. Any help would be great on this thanks:panic:

mrs robbie williams
19-10-2012, 05:45 AM
im not sure if it is a requirement for eyfs children but i do a daily diary, you could say you have reflected on your practice and decided it would be better that you do a daily diary and start one from today???? as for the learning journal putting it in a scrap book is fine but it needs to be in date order with observations that link to the photo's so you need the dates you took the photo's - i write everything in my big diary as have come unstuck before, so now if i have a pile of photo's i always know what date they were. I think there is something in free resources about learning journeys :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-10-2012, 08:38 AM
The most important thing is to show how the child is making good progress.

You will already have their starting points - things they were doing and saying when they first started with you.

Now you need to show that you are helping them to learn and develop well.

This is why the Development Matters document is useful as a guide - it will tell you what the child might be doing and might enjoy next.

Good luck with your inspection! :D