PDA

View Full Version : Do you use an account book?

child_friendly
16-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I am just about to sign up my first mindee since registering in March 2012 :). I am just wondering do you use an account book to record all expenses etc?? I hate the financial side and am trying to find the easiest way of recording it all. I have receipts and lists for start up costs and what I have spent on toys, equipment etc but want to put it somewhere where everything is together and in one place..easier to find then lol. If you use an account book, what one do you use or do you make your own? If someone could show me what they use that would be great thanks

rickysmiths
16-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I do I use the NCMA one and have for the last 18yrs. Works great. If you google NCMA, click on Shop and Paperwork you will see an example.

I can't do a link because the all new style forum won't let me :rolleyes:

CH1957
16-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I use the NCMA one, even though I worked in accountancy for years I found this so easy to use - as you say, everything is in one place and easy to find.

BucksCM
16-10-2012, 02:52 PM
I have an A4 diary that I use day to day to write expenses/mileage etc in and store the day to day receipts and then I transfer it all to the NCMA accounts book too.
I too, have used them for the last 18 years! They are simple and easy to use.

mrs_scottydog
16-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I also use the NCMA accounts book, also tried to do link but it came up with stars? Hx

hectors house
16-10-2012, 03:37 PM
I used to use the ncma accounts book and it is very easy to use - I'm trying this year to do my own on a spreadsheet on computer, as I found the NCMA one being weekly was very repetitive for things I do or pay out for on a weekly basis like petrol, toddlers, food for mindees - although I don't suppose it would matter if you just entered it monthly - that is what I had already started to do for council tax/ water / heating & light - I do know people who calculate those items yearly and just enter them at end of tax year.

As you are new to this though I would still recommend the NCMA accounts book.

child_friendly
16-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Does anyone use or has use the MM accounts forms? Which one is better NCMA or MM accounts forms/ book?

zillervalley
16-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I like the Lisa Finlay accounts book, adds everything up for you

Ziller