PDA

View Full Version : Long term illness charges?

natleics
15-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, i just wanted a bit of advice on what you would charge if a child was off with a long term illness?

We may have a child be off for a while with a long term illness and just wondering what fees we should charge if she still wants his place held?

My contract and policies says that fees are payable in full if contracted hours are not used due to illness of their child, but does not state fees for long term illness. Im thinking about charging half fees to hold the place? what do you think?

sarah707
16-10-2012, 05:32 PM
It's a difficult one especially if parents have to change their work schedules to care for their child - you might find they can't afford to keep the place open.

i would chat to them, explain half fees is the norm and see what they say but - if you want to keep the child of course - perhaps be prepared to compromise.

Or if it's not financially viable for you it might be better to say so now rather than resenting the situation if it goes on for too long.

Not an easy decision either way. Hugs x

natleics
16-10-2012, 08:03 PM
It's a difficult one especially if parents have to change their work schedules to care for their child - you might find they can't afford to keep the place open.

i would chat to them, explain half fees is the norm and see what they say but - if you want to keep the child of course - perhaps be prepared to compromise.

Or if it's not financially viable for you it might be better to say so now rather than resenting the situation if it goes on for too long.

Not an easy decision either way. Hugs x

thanks for the reply...i think i will sit down with mum and ask her what her plans will be in the long term, is if she wants his place held but cant pay then it may not be viable for me to do as he does 21 hours a week which adds up to quite a bit per month. thanks for the advice :) x