PDA

View Full Version : SEF e-book updated!

sarah707
14-10-2012, 04:09 PM
The Ofsted Self Evaluation Form (SEF) has been updated.

From NOW - October 2012 - childminders will need to log into their Government Gateway site and check that all their previously input information has been moved to the right places by Ofsted, delete Ofsted's 'we have been here' message and take this opportunity to review and update their SEF.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/Public/GatewayGuidance.aspx

To help you with updating your SEF, I have completely re-written my SEF guide e-book! :clapping:

As with all of my updates for the revised EYFS (2012), my new SEF e-book is available FREE to previous customers - please send me your purchase details in an email (knutsfordchildminding@hotmail.co.uk) and we will send you your free update as quickly as possible.

If you are new to childminding or think you might like to give self evaluation a try (it is a key inspection area in the revised EYFS), you can buy e-book 18 'SEF Guide' from my Knutsford Childminding website - £4.99.

The contents are as follows...

Chapter 1 - Completing the SEF
This chapter gives a detailed break down of each section of the new Ofsted Self Evaluation Form (SEF) with suggestions for what you might write in answer to each question.

Chapter 2 - Evidencing Improvement
It is essential that you use your SEF as part of your action plan to improve your business and ways of working. I have included some good practice advice for various areas of your provision.

Chapter 3 - Ofsted Inspections and Reports
I have focussed on how Ofsted are conducting inspections, how they will grade childminders, what judgements they are using, what new style inspection reports are saying etc to support you through your inspection.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me :D

PS - it is NOT a statutory requirement to complete the Ofsted SEF - however, Ofsted inspectors do look for some kind of self evaluation to show you are committed to improving your provision. If you already use your Local Authority self evaluation you do not need to do the Ofsted SEF as well.

WibbleWobble
14-10-2012, 06:02 PM
thank you for the email containing the ebooks on the SEF!

I want a word with you lady! The three books are WAY more than the old SEF ebook.....you should be charging us who already have the old ebook.....even if it is a discounted rate. So much work has gone into the three books......so much flamin work.

there...said my piece

wibble xx