PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone do their registration course before September but have pre-reg after Sept?

SarahJellybean
13-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Just wondering what the inspector thought about the pre-reg course being OLD-EYFS but doing registration with NEW-EYFS?

I have spoken to 2 people at Ofsted on the phone, who both said as long as I applied within 6 months of my registration course then it still ok. I'm not convinced though! I hope I don't have to do the registration course again as it was £134!

OOOPS! This was supposed to be in the pre-reg section! :o SORRY! :o

sarah707
13-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I have moved it for you!

I understand that a few forum members have been told that they must access Eyfs 2012 training before their registration visit from Ofsted...

Hopefully you will be able to explain it all to your inspector and get through it quickly! :D

SarahJellybean
13-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for moving the thread for me :-)

I am booked on the next available new EYFS briefing which is on Nov 28th. Fingers crossed I won't have to wait until after then to be registered!

freckleonear
13-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I spoke to my inspector on the phone this week and she wanted to make sure that my course covered the Revised EYFS. I did it in August but they based it on the new stuff, so she said that was fine. If you're already booked onto EYFS training then hopefully that will be okay.

SarahJellybean
14-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I spoke to my inspector on the phone this week and she wanted to make sure that my course covered the Revised EYFS. I did it in August but they based it on the new stuff, so she said that was fine. If you're already booked onto EYFS training then hopefully that will be okay.

Thanks, I have spoken to one in September who asked if it covered the EYFS but didn't say revised, she didn't end up coming out though. Will ask when she phones again.