PDA

View Full Version : Short Term/Ad Hoc Childminding

Cariad
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone, I am a little confused about minding short term/one offs. I was under the impression that in Wales we had to have a contract in place before any minding took place - am I right as I was recently advised by another childminder that we don't need a contract for one day.

I am due to have some short term placements over half term (these will be more than one day) and I will need a contract of some sort set up before they start. Can anyone recommend where to get them form or what I would need to put in them if I was to compile my own? I know NCMA do short term contracts but I don't really want to spend out for NCMA ones for only a few days.

TIA

Daftbat
11-10-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't understand why there needs to be a contract in place before minding. From Ofsted point of view you need to make sure that you have all the information about the child but an actual contract is something that Ofsted wouldn't actually get involved in as its got nothing to do with the safeguarding aspect of childminding - its a business agreement.

jillplum
11-10-2012, 08:59 AM
yes as far as I know you do not have to have a contract as that is nothing to do with Ofsted it is to do with you business just like fees and taxes etc.

manjay
11-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Please remember Cariad is in Wales where legislation is different.

The answer to your question is yes it is a legal requirement that you have a contract in place. It is part of the National Minimum Standards (Standard 2).

NCMA do not produce a Welsh version of the short term contract so for a one off I have one that I made up myself. It still needs to include everything that is required in Standard 2. Pm me your email address if you would like to have a look at mine.

amanda x

jellytots2912
11-10-2012, 09:37 AM
i have a ad-hoc contract i use if you want mine to have a look at as well let me know and i will send it over :-) x

jillplum
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
ooops sorry didn't see the poster was in Wales.

tulip0803
11-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Like Manjay I have also made up a simple ad-hoc contract because it is a legal requirement in Wales. Parents book their children in and pay in advance. I also have child record forms and permission forms for all my ad-hocs. Once they have filled in the contract and forms they are free to book a place providing I have a space for their child, we do not have to re-do a contract everytime. My CSSIW inspector was fine with this.

Cariad
11-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys, just needed confirmation of what I thought was right!

littlequackers
12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi

I am also about to do a short term / ad hoc on Monday. I was going to use the standard bilingual ncma contract but what sort of info would you have to put in a short term one you made yourself? and does it need to be bilingual?

Thanks

debbie1
13-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Cariad i have boys over school hols i just used normal contract and stated it was adhoc schhool holiday time debbie xx

tulip0803
13-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi

I am also about to do a short term / ad hoc on Monday. I was going to use the standard bilingual ncma contract but what sort of info would you have to put in a short term one you made yourself? and does it need to be bilingual?

Thanks

Hi Littlequakers

My Ad-hoc is not bilingual. I save my NCMA ones for "real" contracts.

My contract has "Occasional Childminding Contract" at the top, then my contact details, address & telephone numbers.

Then name of child, Name of parents, address, contact numbers, date contract starts.

Fees, Payment in advance, on booking, Full pay kept if booked and child does not attend. Childminder to provide....... parent to provide.........

Signature for "I understand that a place can be offered to my child ONLY if a place is available with regards to the registration conditions made by CSSIW"

I/We understand this contract and I/we have received a copy and then 2 parent/carer signature spaces and one for me.

All other information is on child records & permissions. I don't give ad-hoc parents a copy of my P&Ps to keep but they are able to read mine and I get them to sign to say they have read them.

Hope this helps :)

littlequackers
14-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Littlequakers

My Ad-hoc is not bilingual. I save my NCMA ones for "real" contracts.

My contract has "Occasional Childminding Contract" at the top, then my contact details, address & telephone numbers.

Then name of child, Name of parents, address, contact numbers, date contract starts.

Fees, Payment in advance, on booking, Full pay kept if booked and child does not attend. Childminder to provide....... parent to provide.........

Signature for "I understand that a place can be offered to my child ONLY if a place is available with regards to the registration conditions made by CSSIW"

I/We understand this contract and I/we have received a copy and then 2 parent/carer signature spaces and one for me.

All other information is on child records & permissions. I don't give ad-hoc parents a copy of my P&Ps to keep but they are able to read mine and I get them to sign to say they have read them.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, I think I will quickly make my own rather that using the NCMA one for this.