PDA

View Full Version : Had my pre-reg visit today!!

scottishlass
09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone

I had my pre-reg visit today, it lasted about 2 1/2 hours but everything went really well. The inspector was really nice and she advised that she is now on holiday and has small backlog so may be 3/4 weeks to be fully registered but can still start to let people know know!! Have a couple of wording changes to make to policies and some she said I can just ditch altogether so just a few bits and pieces to do - finally am almost there!! :clapping::clapping::):):)

SarahJellybean
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
That's fab, glad it went well!

Any top tips as will hopefully have mine soon?

scottishlass
09-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi Sarah

Thanks for the reply!! I just cleaned the house from top to bottom and had all my policies ready in a folder with permission forms and risk assessments and she was happy with this, even though I need to amend a couple and also have too many she said she would rather they were there - I was told to have the national care standards ready to show her as a download on my computer but she said this does actually need to be printed out (all 47 pages) and in a folder. Also had my safety gates and socket covers on but she said it would have been ok not to have those yet (the fireman told me I needed them for his visit tho) oh and I need to get my boiler serviced by my next inspection too -

hope you get your visit soon!!

scottishlass
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
am in scotland Sarah - not sure where you are but some of the things might be different!!

sarah707
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

angeldelight
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Thats great

Well done to you :clapping:

Angel xxx

pinky33
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Well done your on your way :clapping:

gemmathomas
16-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi Everyone

I had my pre-reg visit today, it lasted about 2 1/2 hours but everything went really well. The inspector was really nice and she advised that she is now on holiday and has small backlog so may be 3/4 weeks to be fully registered but can still start to let people know now!! Have a couple of wording changes to make to policies and some she said I can just ditch altogether so just a few bits and pieces to do - finally am almost there!! :clapping::clapping::):):)

What do they ask and do in the pre registration visit. I am waiting for mine.

scottishlass
19-10-2012, 02:15 PM
What do they ask and do in the pre registration visit. I am waiting for mine.

hi gemma

A lot of the visit was going over the policies and forms, chatting about child protection etc and then a look around the house at the end - good luck with yours :)

2kidsunder5
19-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Well done :clapping::clapping:

You'll soon be up and running and as mad as the rest of us :laughing: