PDA

View Full Version : Fire Blanket - where to buy?

scottishlass
06-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi

Can anyone suggest shops I could try for buying a fire blanket? I bought one from Amazon but when it has arrived it does not have the british kite mark (said it did online!) so I cant use it. Have my pre-reg on tues and need one for then so dont have time to wait for another delivery! Have been up town but b+Q had none in and had couldn't find anywhere else!

Also does anyone know if we need a specific first aid kit?

:)

Pipsqueak
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
yes you do need a specific first aid contents kit - check the EYFS for the spec - St Johns sell them

you can have it in your own clearly marked box

cathtee
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi you could try ordering one from morten michel but not sure if it would come in time, or maybe try your local firestation.

The first aid kit doesn't have to be specific I have plasters and triangle bandage gloves lint all in a plastic box and it has always been ok with mrs o

scottishlass
06-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you for your replies - did try the local fire station and they suggested tesco's but my local one has none in stock - may try others further afield!

sarah707
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
You will be able to find one online :D

SarahJellybean
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7002582/Trail/searchtext%3EFIRE+BLANKET.htm

Argos hun! Online check and reserve :-)

rickysmiths
07-10-2012, 04:43 PM
You don't have to have a Fire Blanket if you don't want one.

The Fire Brigade's advise is not to fight the fire but to get you and the children out and dial 999. As Eyfs doesn't say we have to have on any more I have taken mine done now as I don't have to pay lip service to Ofsted anymore. I have added the Fire Brigade advise to my kitchen RA.

NCMA sell a First Aid Kit for Childminders.

dette
07-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I got my fire blanket from NCMA years ago...its probably full of moths

sarah707
07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
You don't have to have a Fire Blanket if you don't want one.

You do in Scotland Ricky!

It's one of the Scottish requirements in their fire precautions document :D

jaswinder bedi
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Ncma!! If you are with them, or you could try firstaid@redcross.org.uk for first aid kit and fire blanket mm or ncma.....:thumbsup:

scottishlass
09-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the replies!! Computer been down last few days so just catching up!! Got it from argos and the first aid kit from boots as they had a st johns one in stock! :)