PDA

View Full Version : Should I disclose my full address on my website and marketing material?

lovechildcare1
06-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Hello my fellow childminders,

Should I disclose my full address on my website and promotional materials such as Business Cards? I have heard of safeguarding issues as well as security of my home etc as well as risk of fraud by parents claiming tax credits (or whatever they are called) as reasons why I should not be disclosing my full address?

silvermist
06-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Hiya, I have my address on my business cards but dear hubby got me some magnets for my car which had my addresss on and I didnt like it. I ran some white insulating tape over the address. I think its a bit of a safeguarding thing but my friend said if someone saw you out and your address was widely available your house could be vulnerable to burglaries! Scary!:eek:

lovechildcare1
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
As a precautionary matter I have removed my address from my website. Just wondering though if I am being too over cautious? :o

cathtee
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
My hubby is a driving instructor and only has the street name and area on his website but to be honest if you're in the phone book and you have your full name and phone number on it they can look it up to fine where you live anyway. But you are right it could be a safeguarding issue

silvermist
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Its a tricky one really because on the Ofsted website they now show your address if you want them too so it cant be too big of an issue for them to offer that service, can it? :huh:

rickysmiths
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
No I don't have my address on my cards. I don't have a web site.

I haven't given Ofsted permission to publish my address either. The mad thing is Ofsted themselves on the page where our reports are say that cms don't have addresses as it is a Safeguarding issue as we work alone in our homes. then they go and offer to publish them :rolleyes:

madmamma
07-10-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't put my address on anything to do with advertising as a safeguarding issue.
I don't want 'strangers' turning up unannounced when I'm working

dawn100
07-10-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't and wouldn't, and I'm ex directory and only advertise with my email or mobile number.
I made these descissions after speaking to a friend of my who is a police officer and works in child protection who advised me not to as I didn't want to advertise my house as a place where lots of young children are especially as I'm the only adult so the possibility of attracting unsavoury characters. (That is the big difference with myself and a nursery I work alone)

But it's up to each person what they feel is right for them.

pinky33
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I think phone numbers ok, and the general area but not an address.