PDA

View Full Version : using a co-minder for absences/cover - how does it work?

Bluebell
05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi I was wondering abuut asking a minder to work with me. she isn;'t minding at the moment and is looking for another job. I would like to ask her on a temp /casual basis. so I have an exception for 4 on 2 days and could ask her to help with those days and then when I need time off or cover she would be able to step in. I also have children term time only so that would suit her as one of the reasons she gave up was so she had more time with her children.

I was thinking to make it more economically viable for me I could arrange days for her to come short -term and then advertise ad hoc places - I know a lot of mums that would like a day free from kids to do christmas shopping or have a sort out day or something. That way I am not reliant on her if she gets another job - ie I would not be over my numbers!!
However I am not really clear on how it would work in my absence. The reason I would prefer a co-minder rather than an assistant is so that she can cover my numbers for a number of training days I have coming up (these would be on different days to the days I have additional numbers so I would still be within my numbers apart from the exception on the day I have 4 but mum is a shift worker so its not every week anyway. How many children would she be allowed to have andif she did drop me in at short notice what would happen?

Can anyone who uses an assistant or co-minder to extend their numbers please tell me what happens if one of you is sick or away? Do you have to refuse the additional children or can it be workabke under an exception?? I am talking about 1 or 2 extra children here not our full numbers each!