PDA

View Full Version : Transition from old eyfs to revised eyfs i.e.; learning journals

Jo Jo
03-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi
Just wondered what everyone have done regarding learning journals and the transition from the old eyfs to the revised eyfs
I'm really struggling on what to do
Do I just start a new learning journal for all existing children ?
Confused !!!!

migimoo
03-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm just carrying on with my old ones-obviously any ob's after Sept 2012 will have different eyfs links.
For development matters i've kept the old ones in to show stuff i've evidenced before Sept and have put in a new one to cross ref obs from Sept onwards so hopefully the 2 together will show all areas:idea:

Jods
03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Eventually (after much reading thinking(that hurt!!)) I came to the decision to do a baseline transition from the EYFS 2008 to the EYFS 2012 x

So in laymans terms I went through the new EYFS and highlighted/marked what the child can do in relation to the EYFS 2008, and marked it as so, and then went back through and marked off again what I know the LO is achieving and marked it also x

I however have an online LJ, but even if I were still doing the old paper versions I would have still done the same x

When we originally went over to the EYFS (from Stepping stones - preschool) we were told this was the best way for the transfer, so its what I did this time, and it only took me about an hr in total per child x

Just my opinion tho x

silvermist
03-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi, I wrote a brief summary of the childs learning, ie. things I can do, Things I am learning to do and next steps. I left a box at bottom which parents filled in too. I then added it to the LJ with a few docs explaining the revised eyfs.
Hope that helps xx

mrs robbie williams
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I just did a baseline assessment from old to new xx

Jo Jo
03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Aww thanks ladies you've put my mind at ease I will crack on with your brilliant ideas thanks :thumbsup: