PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice??

tinytigers
18-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I have my pre reg visit on 3rd July so cant send CRB off until then. I have just received a call from a child minder I know who has given me a number of a lady that wants someone to look after her lo from 1st Sept.

Do you think I will be reg'd by then? What should I say to the lady when I call her? (She gave her permission for my friend to give me her number.)

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 12:43 PM
It really depends on how long your CRB takes. Mine took 4 months but other peoples have only taken a few weeks.

You could always say you are willing to take ont he child subject to registration she ight be able to find someone to cover for a few weeks if your not registered in time.

FizzysFriends
18-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I would tell her it will be subject to registration and you will keep her updated throughout the process. If its likely to be into september she may be able to take holiday or get family to cover it.

babyandchild
18-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi,
My CRB only took around 6 weeks. I think if I were you I'd call the lady and arrange to meet her, I'd explain that I was going through the registration process and say that as long as the registration is through by september you can take the child etc.
I'd then let ofsted know when thay visit that you have a child waiting, you never know they might be able to help quicken the process!
Good Luck xx

katickles
18-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah i agre with the others.

Arrange for the parents to come & see you - explain that you are waiting on your certificate & if they are happy to wait then you will be fine.

I know on here some people have had to wait so long for CRB's & others are relatively (sp) fast, but really nobody will be able to say for sure.

My CRb's were back begining of Dec but by the time ofsted got them & signed my registration certificate it was Jan!!

I do hope that they are back to you very soon though & good luck with these parents :)

sarah707
18-06-2008, 01:05 PM
A friend registered recently and it took 3 months from Ofsted visit to getting a certificate and insurance - think that's about average, but it might move faster.

There was a hold up with her medical forms ... Ofsted requested an extra check and that took another 2 weeks... then CRBs were delayed.

I would tell parents you can't guarantee a place by then ... but you're hopeful!

I hope it all goes smoothly for you! :D

tinytigers
18-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the advice folks. I have just phoned the parent and she is going to come and see me on 2nd July. :) I have made her aware that it may be end of Sept or early October at worst case and she was fine.

I am so excited. Keeping fingers and toes crossed. :jump for joy:

ChocolateChip
19-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Good luck Jane, hope it all goes well!

My medical report held mine up, Ofsted kept phoning me and asking for it, so at least they were on the ball, had to speak to the practice manager in the end, lo and behold my registration was through 3 days later!