PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting

LeahJade
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Hello,
I'm new to this so don't really know what I'm doing lol but I wonder if anybody could help me?
I'm still waiting to hear from Ofsted about my pre-reg visit. I've done my childminding course, first aid, sent all the forms off to which I got a letter for CRB checks which i sent off on 23/08/12 and I also paid my fee on this date. I have tracked the CRBs and they say they are still in progress. Will Ofsted wait until these are complete before they call to arrange my visit or should I call to see what's going on? It's been nearly 6 weeks since I paid my fee.
Sorry for rambling on,
Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

sarah707
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
They will wait until all your paperwork is back and cleared - or they might be wasting their time!

If you are worried ring and chase it!!

Hope it all happens quickly for you :D

LeahJade
02-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Ok, thank you! I'm just concerned as everyone I have spoken to received a phone call within a couple of weeks. It just seems to be taking forever lol! I will just keep checking the CRB tracker and maybe leave it a week or so before I call.
Thank you again x

dawn100
02-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I would call and chase if I were you. I had a visit from Ofsted before all my checks were complete and 6 weeks after that visit (almost 5 months from when i first applied) i was still waiting for my social services checks to be returned! And it's only because I phoned them did they start to chase them!

sarah707
02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I would call and chase if I were you. I had a visit from Ofsted before all my checks were complete and 6 weeks after that visit (almost 5 months from when i first applied) i was still waiting for my social services checks to be returned! And it's only because I phoned them did they start to chase them!

You are right - they used to carry out visits before all the paperwork was back. However, with the revised EYFS we are being told that they are normally waiting until everything is in place first.

Don't leave it though! If it's been a while give them a call. It might be something silly like a lost form :D

SarahJellybean
03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm exactly the same checking the on line tracker about 3 times a day but still the words "in progress" haunt me! I'm wondering whether to call Ofsted. I did call the CRB people and they said it was normal fr it to take a very long time.

LeahJade
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm exactly the same checking the on line tracker about 3 times a day but still the words "in progress" haunt me! I'm wondering whether to call Ofsted. I did call the CRB people and they said it was normal fr it to take a very long time.

How long have you been waiting for? I'm nervous about calling them incase they think I'm annoying them and send someone really horrible out to inspect me lol!x

SarahJellybean
03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I posted CRB checks back to them mid August I think, when did you send yours?

LeahJade
03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
23rd August, maybe they are just busy because of catching up over school holidays or something?x

Nanny66
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Ok, thank you! I'm just concerned as everyone I have spoken to received a phone call within a couple of weeks. It just seems to be taking forever lol! I will just keep checking the CRB tracker and maybe leave it a week or so before I call.
Thank you again x

I had to wait a while too, I thought all was going ok and I did get my pre reg visit, I had to have a medical though, so took more time....... I have been registered a while now. I know it's frustrating but everyone who said, I agree, chase it, I did, they don't seem to mind. It's awful not knowing, Good Luck!
I am sure you will be fine x