PDA

View Full Version : Observation about police - where to put?

nessynoodle
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi,

Think I have answered this myself now!! Have put under communities in knowledge of the world. Forgot about that one!

Thanks for reading, please can you help me decide where to put the following page in a child's learning journey. Please note I am using the OLD EYFS for this one as I am just catching up and observation was done back in August. Child has left and quickly updating folder before handing it over :)

We went to a play day and saw a police car with police men and women. Child was able to sit in the car, look at radio, listened to police man talk about different things such as handcuffs and then child had his finger prints taken!

Would this be knowledge of the world....or sense of community (within personal and social)?? Under the old EYFS under sense of community i says to encourage good relationships with members of the community eg.. firefighters who visit the setting. I guess the child is learning about themself in relation to those around him and the community in which he belongs which includes learning about different people, jobs etc. But I kind of think that apart from that it is more to do with learning about the world than anything else?

sarah707
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes you are right - I hope you get it finished soon! :D