PDA

View Full Version : My ofsted report (revised EYFS)

Becci26
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Sooo I had my inspection 2 weeks ago, I felt that the inspection was very thorough and the inspector was keen to find positives rather than looking for negatives.

As I was inspected under the revised EYFS I thought some of you may find it useful if I shared my Ofsted report with you, I have tried uploading it but unfortunately the file is too big, hopefully someone may be able to help with that?
In the meantime if you would like to see the report I can email it over to you.

silvermist
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi, Id like to see it if poss. Im expecting mine soon too :eek: xx

Becci26
01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Sooo I had my inspection 2 weeks ago, I felt that the inspection was very thorough and the inspector was keen to find positives rather than looking for negatives.

As I was inspected under the revised EYFS I thought some of you may find it useful if I shared my Ofsted report with you, I have tried uploading it but unfortunately the file is too big, hopefully someone may be able to help with that?

I HAVE NOW UPLOADED THE PDF TO AN ONLINE VIEWER THINGYMEBOB, HERE IS THE LINK http://www.docspal.com/viewer?id=kujslria-2238736

boxtree7
01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Thank you for sharing

silvermist
01-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Thats a really good read. Thank you for sharing, it gives those of us waiting a heads up as to what theyre looking at. xxx

sharonmanc
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
thanks for sharing, ofsted should be with me wed, thur or fir this week - eek

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
thanks for sharing and well done - where they have put the not outstanding because....... and then about not sharing information with parents enough - i only do a daily diary, talk to them and share the learning journey - what else are we supposed to do ????

BuggsieMoo
01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for sharing that, it makes for very interesting reading. Well done on your grade x

winstonian
01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Thats a lovely report - well done x

Carol M
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
That is very kind of you to share.
Well done too :clapping:
Mrs robbie, I think that statement refers to having input from parents about the childs learning at home and using it to inform planning for the child at yours and at home.
The revised EYFS seems very strong on involving parents in their child's learning but we all know how hard that can be sometimes.
Hope I've read it right, questioning myself now :panic:
Carol xx

Becci26
02-10-2012, 05:12 AM
thanks for sharing and well done - where they have put the not outstanding because....... and then about not sharing information with parents enough - i only do a daily diary, talk to them and share the learning journey - what else are we supposed to do ????

This was about parent sharing information with us, ie child's development at home, and finding a system that encourages parents to share.
I have little slips for the parents to fill out and give to me which would say hings like 'at the weekend J took his first steps/ counted to 10' etc.
The parents do not use these, so I need to find something different that works.

However, I didn't say (which perhaps I should have done) that parents share info with me verbally at drop off/pick up of things the children have done/ their interests etc - I think that would have made a difference.

HTH

Becci26
02-10-2012, 05:13 AM
That is very kind of you to share.
Well done too :clapping:
Mrs robbie, I think that statement refers to having input from parents about the childs learning at home and using it to inform planning for the child at yours and at home.
The revised EYFS seems very strong on involving parents in their child's learning but we all know how hard that can be sometimes.
Hope I've read it right, questioning myself now :panic:
Carol xx

Yes indeedy, exactly that :thumbsup:

mrs robbie williams
02-10-2012, 05:55 AM
oh i see, so noting comments from parents in my diary is sufficient and on planning sheet? sorry for hijacking :blush:

hectors house
02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Well done and thank you for sharing your inspection report - it is great to see the real thing!

Cammie Doodle
02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Well done, that is a really good inspection and thank you so much for sharing it, gives us who are waiting to be inspected what to expect (well we hope so :rolleyes:)

Becci26
02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
oh i see, so noting comments from parents in my diary is sufficient and on planning sheet? sorry for hijacking :blush:

Yes I would say that is fine.

Thankyou all for your well dones, it's all down to this lovely forum! :thumbsup:

Glad you are all finding it useful :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
It reads really well, this is the first one I have looked at since the revised EYFS came in.

TBF though I am surprised at the lack of 1's reading it:thumbsup:

Paulab
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
wow well done you must be very proud x

sandy64
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
thanks for sharing it does read well congratulations you should be proud:)

Allie
02-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Your report reads really well, it looks like it's going to be hard to get an Outstanding if someone this good only gets Good if you see what I mean

Well done though

Allie

cathtee
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your report and grade with us, congratulations:clapping::clapping:

Lick'le Oakes
03-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Thank you, it's great that you shared that, it's really helpful. It shows how hard it is going to be to get outstanding.

vals
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
re. sharing information with a parent. I chat to parents and if they tell me anything significant their child has done I write it as an observation starting with 'mum has told me that...'. unfortunately the chances of parents actually writing anything down is pretty remote, its hard enough to get them to sign things!

Carol
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
re. sharing information with a parent. I chat to parents and if they tell me anything significant their child has done I write it as an observation starting with 'mum has told me that...'. unfortunately the chances of parents actually writing anything down is pretty remote, its hard enough to get them to sign things!

I agree

But thanks for sharing your report again I thought number 1's should of been given too. You have done really well.

Carol xxxx:clapping:

KAZBAZ55
18-10-2012, 06:41 PM
hi really appreciate it but I can't get it to open, would you be able to email me it please?

:)

Mandalane
18-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Could you e-mail me a copy of your inspection to mandy.childminding@hotmail.co.uk I have my first inspection in 2 weeks am really worried!

zillervalley
18-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I cant open the link, could you also mail me the copy, joanchco@btinternet.com

many thanks
ziller

Kirstylob
18-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi, I seem to be having trouble opening the link to. I get the page DocsPal and am asked to upload a file, but I don't know the name. Perhaps I am just being dense?! I would be very grateful if you could email it to me, my inspection is overdue. My email address is kirstengoodfield26@hotmail.com. Thanks very much for sharing.

The Juggler
18-10-2012, 08:57 PM
i couldn't see anything on the link hon. i would be interested as mine is due soon. Interestingly I spoke to a local cm today and her hubby was inspected and they are told their report won't be available for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! Was your inspector tribal or prospects?

Well done by the way!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

lilac_dragon
19-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi, can someone please support the Techno Dinosaur and tell me how to open the file?
Tried "Open Sesame" but it didn't work!!

Becci26
19-10-2012, 08:19 AM
hi really appreciate it but I can't get it to open, would you be able to email me it please?

:)

Of course, please send me your email address....

Becci26
19-10-2012, 08:21 AM
i couldn't see anything on the link hon. i would be interested as mine is due soon. Interestingly I spoke to a local cm today and her hubby was inspected and they are told their report won't be available for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! Was your inspector tribal or prospects?

Well done by the way!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I think she was Tribal, 3 months?! thats crazy!!

If you give me your email addy I shall email it across, it seems that since the 'switchover' the link no longer works!

Becci26
19-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I have emailed all of you that have given me your email addresses, if I have missed anybody off or there is anyone else that would like to see it please let me know :)

HELEN10
19-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi I would like a copy too please if you don't mind? hellschurch26@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou

Buttonsjan
19-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Yes Please!!
Janet@buttinschildminding.co.uk thanks very much x

angeldelight
19-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Well done :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Angel xx

lilac_dragon
19-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Me too please, and thanks for sharing!
wendy.spencer4@hotmail.co.uk

george
20-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Me too please, and thanks for sharing!
wendy.spencer4@hotmail.co.uk

Hi please can you email me a copy to lsa261@lsa261.karoo.co.uk
Thankyou so much for sharing, really appreciated x

Ali56
20-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd love to see it too please, if thats okay? My inspection is already very overdue and I guess it'll be soon. It would be great to read yours! My e-mail is alison.jones56@btinternet.com.

Thank you :)

jo.jo76
20-10-2012, 09:54 PM
I've tried using the link and cannot get it to work either. Please could you email me a copy - jochildminding@live.co.uk
Many thanks

Jo x

Becci26
21-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Emailing it now to all of you that have asked for it over the last couple of days :D

lizzie12
21-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I have emailed all of you that have given me your email addresses, if I have missed anybody off or there is anyone else that would like to see it please let me know :)

hi there, great that you want to share your recent report, so if you really don't mind I would love to have a look, my email address is nigelanddeb.jones@btinternet.com

Many thanks, Lizzie

geordiebunny
22-10-2012, 12:22 PM
please can you email me a copy too, many thanks
theshootingstarschildcare@yahoo.co.uk

littleblue
31-10-2012, 11:07 PM
The link isn't working for me either - please could you send me a copy to svickery292@yahoo.com

I have my inspection due in 2 weeks!

Beaka
31-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Could I have a copy too please? I had my inspection last week and got good but I'm still waiting for the report. Thank you. xx carolbrownchildminding@gmail.com

GILLIAN H
01-11-2012, 10:48 AM
would you kindly send it to me just read your post well done on your grade you must be over the moon ..gehowe@talktalk.net many many thanks

karensmart4
01-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Umm don't like to ask too but :blush:

karensmart4@aol.com

Thank you very much and well done :)

KAZBAZ55
16-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Just realised I never have you my email address. It's: <email removed by admin, please send a PM to the other person>
Thanks x