PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of smells in the car!

loocyloo
01-10-2012, 07:21 AM
good morning my lovely helpful friends! :D

DD was sick in the car yesterday! luckily we were only 10mins into a 90min journey so turned round and went home and didn't go!

she managed to get alot on herself & car seat and out of the car, on the road, BUT some got on the seat and carpet.

i have washed/soaked it all out, and the soaked up all the wet with towels. DH then covered everthing with an upholstery cleaning spray as it said it got rid of smells ( he was determined to use it, wanted to even before i'd cleaned up! )

however, got in the car this morning and it smells of sick! anyone know how to get rid of the smell, as i can get away without using car today, but i need to use it tomorrow! if it was a sunny day, i'd park it in the sun and leave the doors open, but although its dry, its cold and clammy!

thank you x

ps... typically DD was fine once she had been sick ( not that she hadn't been fine before hand :rolleyes: ) so is off school today on my day off !!!

kindredspirits
01-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Weird, both my kids had this Saturday morning they were fine once they'd been sick. Anyhow try some bicarbonate of soda scrubbed into the carpet and seat, leave for a few hours then Hoover up.

loocyloo
01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Weird, both my kids had this Saturday morning they were fine once they'd been sick. Anyhow try some bicarbonate of soda scrubbed into the carpet and seat, leave for a few hours then Hoover up.

thank you, will try that now!

just taken everyone to school ... apparently swathes of children were sick, just once, over the weekend! school are on high alert today! ;)

Lilylulu
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
white vinegar is good too, I used this alternately with bicarb to put down on the stinkiest ever mess on my carpet, worked a treat - just like the febreze ad :)

loocyloo
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM
white vinegar is good too, I used this alternately with bicarb to put down on the stinkiest ever mess on my carpet, worked a treat - just like the febreze ad :)

ooo thank you ... do you just sprinkle it on & let it dry?

as i have done the bicarb trick and hoovered it up, but i can still smell it! i am wondering if somehow there is still some there we haven't found yet!

migimoo
01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
If you have a 'Pets at Home' or similar near you they do a brill product called Simple Solution-I used to use it when my son wet his bed or was sick and it leaves it totally odour free,you saturate the area and have to leave to dry naturally though.
It has enzymes in that 'eat' whatever causes the smell not just masking it like febreze

loocyloo
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
If you have a 'Pets at Home' or similar near you they do a brill product called Simple Solution-I used to use it when my son wet his bed or was sick and it leaves it totally odour free,you saturate the area and have to leave to dry naturally though.
It has enzymes in that 'eat' whatever causes the smell not just masking it like febreze

thank you. i was at pets at home on saturday !!! and its a 50 mile round trip :rolleyes: ... but i'll try our local petshop! :D

Lilylulu
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I tried everything, after a few shakes and vac with bicarb and no change Iflooded it with the white vinegar and let it soak, then heaped on bicarb and let that sit overnight. Hope it does the trick xx

The Juggler
01-10-2012, 09:07 PM
i'd try bicarb to soak it up then citronella - it covers all sorts of horrible smells - or tea tree oil. :thumbsup:

oh an then invest in a jelly belly care odoriser they are really pungent :)

hope all the sickly children are better soon xx