PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy cars for childminders

hoopingirl1967
29-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Would you be interested in a garage that could supply an 8 seater courtesy car for childminders when theirs is in for MOT or service? If you would be - how far would you travel for this service (ie next town etc):o

QualityCare
29-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I would expect a like for like car when l need a courtesy car and after many arguments with car dealership (they would take my 8 seater and give me a two door 4 seater impossible to get 3 on back seat) they now get an 8 seater in for me if my car will be longer than a day.

hoopingirl1967
29-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks, that is very helpful - is that at a large Main Dealer Garage? Would you be happy to say where it is in the UK?

blue bear
29-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Think that's a great idea, next town/city to me is ten miles and I would drive that. At the movement I am lucky one of my parents owns a garage and collects my car and takes it to work for me and brings it back, I can manage fine without the car and only use it for trips out really so don't need a courtesy car.

loocyloo
29-09-2012, 08:20 PM
i used to get my car collected and returned and if i needed one, a sensible sized courtesy car was provided ( as long as i gave fair warning! )

i've now moved 250 miles away and whilst i have equally had my car collected & delivered, or dropped my car off just down the road, i have not been offered a courtesy car, which considering i live in a very rural area is not so helpful! i would drive to the next town, which for me would be a 20-30minute cross country drive, but if i could have a big enough courtesy car, and to be able to keep it overnight would be great!

that is my other bug bear with garages & courtesey cars ... i've been asked to drop car of at 8am ... i can't, i start work at 8am... i can drop off before, but no one there to receive car or 9.30am ish and then have to hang around for 30 mins whilst paperwork is sorted out ... then at the other end of the day, the garage shuts at 6 and wants me there at 5.30 to take 30mins to process paperwork and check the courtesy car over etc... yet i don't finish work till 6pm! i had these issues wether it was a local independant garage or a 'big' garage chain

hoopingirl1967
30-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for your feedback - about what my friend has experienced! Good to know that some garages are helpful though. I think keeping the car overnight if you cannot get it back before 6 pm sounds ok - no one else would need it til the next morning anyway.