PDA

View Full Version : Daily diary books

MrsP2C
28-09-2012, 10:49 AM
What do you all use for your daily diary/contact books? I need to get some thinking A5 size and wondering whether it's worth getting the NCMA ones or just get lined notebooks from Rymans?

rachelle
28-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I use A5 folders and add my own sheets to them. Works for me as I can change the sheet depending on age of child and jut have to take sheets if going out, not 3 handover books!

cathtee
28-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I use A5 spiral bound note books and just date each page for the days the child attends, i used to use a diary but wasted pages as only work 4 days and some lo's only come 3 days so notebook is easier.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Jods
28-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I dont x I send emails and texts no daily diaries here x

loocyloo
28-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I use A5 folders and add my own sheets to them. Works for me as I can change the sheet depending on age of child and jut have to take sheets if going out, not 3 handover books!

same here, and if parents forget folder, then i still complete a sheet & hand it over! :D

silvermist
28-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I use A5 spiral bound books, got them in Asda for £1. Bought 20 coz there are loads of pages in them too! x

jaswinder bedi
28-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I use A5 as other friends mentioned asda or tesco its cheeper!! Also its got over 150 pages.... any way cant go short as you use one side of the whole book turn it to write at the back side then you have 300 pages. Oooooo what a great idea which i think.......:laughing::laughing: hope it works same to you dear..:thumbsup:

nikki thomson
28-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I have bought one of those journals from NCMA and after having a chat with my childminder co-ordinator she said that would be fine as a daily dairy and there lj and I didn't need to a separate one as there no point in writing everything twice so I'm quite happy with that, it has space for everyday stuff like nappies/naps/food etc and plenty of space for developmental stuff as well. X

migimoo
28-09-2012, 06:52 PM
I also just use supermarkets A5 or A6 notebook, put date at top of the page and pop them in childs bag at end of day....some days might be too busy to fill in so just tell mum/dad verbally on collection.

Tinkerbell1979
28-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I made my own on the pc as i have a machine that spiral bounds it - parents love it and I change the colour of the front page to suit

LauraS
29-09-2012, 10:33 AM
same here, and if parents forget folder, then i still complete a sheet & hand it over! :D

Same here too, I use the folders which have a clear cover to.slip a front page in, so children have a personalized front cover with a photo. Sheets can then be tailored to the child. Folders are the indestructible type with rubber edges so take some punishment

I use a colour for.each.child and use same colour the a4 version for learning journals. The fact they arent standard cardboard folders makes them hardwearing so they can be.left out for kids to browse through (journals, not diaries!)

pinkellifun
29-09-2012, 05:43 PM
At the moment I use an A5 page a day diary but that was because they were on offer at 50p each. At that price I don't care how many pages I waste!

Jensarah
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
I use self carboning notebooks from Rymans, give top copy to parent each day and keep the copy as I found that if I sent books home they never came back!:(