PDA

View Full Version : LJ and Scrapbook ?

Tinkerbell1979
26-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I'm newly registered and have my first mindee starting on Monday, she is 7.5 months old.

I'm planning on doing a scrap book, daily diary and a tracker book I bought off of QED Publications for £5 plus other obs.

Is a scrapbook the same as a LJ ?

TIA

silvermist
26-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes sort of. Some people use scrapbooks as learning journey.

I have A4 ringbinders for learning journals for the eyfs kiddies and my schoolies have scrapbooks which they put pictures etc in. xx

sarah707
26-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes sort of. Some people use scrapbooks as learning journey.

I have A4 ringbinders for learning journals for the eyfs kiddies and my schoolies have scrapbooks which they put pictures etc in. xx

I have exactly the same as silvermist.

The most important thing is that you show a child's progression - starting points, observations, assessments, planning, working with parents, input from other settings etc... how the child is moving on.

Hth :D

jaswinder bedi
26-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I am going to start one too, i have got d.diary, i have to start individual lj soon. :o

Tinkerbell1979
27-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for your replies, I'm so sorry for all the dumb questions, still trying to get my head round it all.

Basically I have a daily diary for her noting nap, nappies, drink, food what we did etc.

Then I bought a Tracker book from EYFS - is there another name for it?

Then I bought a scrap book, put a photo of her on the front with just her name on it and called it a Learning Journal. Inside i put a photo of her when she got super excited at a puppet snd wrote inderneath what was glong on in photi and linked it to PSED: Self Cofidebce and Self-Awareness!? Does all this sound ok?

Also, along with the tracker book from QED Publications, how often do I do the bigger observations and where do I put these, in another sseperate folder ?

Tinkerbell1979
27-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry I meant bought a tracker from QED Publication

EmmaReed84
27-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I have a display folder from Asda which has all my EYFS stuff, Obs, Assessments, Next steps, working with other settings etc... All the "boring" stuff that parents don't care about anyway (well none of mine do anyway lol)

Then I bought a really nice daler rowney A4 art book (only because they were plain covers) and each week I print off pictures, I have cut outs from old cards and stickers, then I sit down for some one on one time and they stick their own pictures in and we talk about the photos etc.

When my youngest was really small, I obviously did the sticking but I showed them the pictures, pointing at things Emma, Fred, John, jumping, walking, sitting, laughing, smiling etc.

I make notes in the scrapbook of what were were doing, anything the child said. For the older ones I ask them what they want to write in, and for ones who are "writing" I let them write in it, (then write what is says)

blue bear
28-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks for your replies, I'm so sorry for all the dumb questions, still trying to get my head round it all.

Basically I have a daily diary for her noting nap, nappies, drink, food what we did etc.

Then I bought a Tracker book from EYFS - is there another name for it?

Then I bought a scrap book, put a photo of her on the front with just her name on it and called it a Learning Journal. Inside i put a photo of her when she got super excited at a puppet snd wrote inderneath what was glong on in photi and linked it to PSED: Self Cofidebce and Self-Awareness!? Does all this sound ok?

Also, along with the tracker book from QED Publications, how often do I do the bigger observations and where do I put these, in another sseperate folder ?

This sounds super, just be wary with the traoker that you don't use it as a tick list and more of a general check where the child's development is and what to offer to enable next step. All my observations big or small plus summative assessments all go in the learning journal, some prefer a separate folder, you need to find what suits you and your parents there is no one right way of doing it.