PDA

View Full Version : PLANNING PERMISSION

tracyanne
18-06-2008, 07:53 AM
I have phoned Bucks County Council several times explaining my plan to childmind with 2 assistants and not once did anyone ever mention planning permission.. Now I am commited to moving into a property in August and I hear by phoning to enquire about business rates that I should phone the council to find out about planning permission. So I did and it turns out that as I will have people working for me my 'incidental use' of the property is now changing to 'use for business' and this warrants I apply for planning permission, which takes 8 weeks and £335!!!!!!! After lots of tears and an early night I am still distraught. This is alot of money and who's to say I will get it. The property is a 4 bed townhouse (terraced property) which I will be renting. I have spoken to the neighbours and they had no objections; There is also a parking lot as there are lots of flats on the development.. there are toilets on every floor. Has anyone had planning permission turned down? Although they say 8 weeks.. has anyone been able to fast-track their application.? Any advice or experience in this regard would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!:panic:

katickles
18-06-2008, 08:09 AM
I don't have pesonal experiance, but my brother & sister in laws are childminders. They applied for business use & it was turned down. This was on the grounds of traffic & parking issues. However - they appealed & had the rejection over turned.

I think it can take a while, but if you need to do it then i can't see a way around it.

Good luck anyway :)

sarah707
18-06-2008, 08:42 AM
When my partner registered to work with me, I was told that if we wanted more than 6 children we would need to apply for planning permission.

The council would write to all interested parties (which is why it takes so long, waiting for neighbours etc to reply) and one objection would scupper our application.

Also the cost of applying to Macc was ridiculous and the council were not really helpful - they said they didn't think it would be approved but we had to apply to find out anyway. They talked about parking issues because I live on a bus route and about noise in the mornings - car doors slamming and such. They even went on about people parking across other people's drives ... it was like they were writing the objection letters!

They said we would also have to register as a business user with the bins ... and my rates would go up.

We decided to stick with 6 ... not what you want to hear perhaps, but I hope it helps with your decision making :(

tracyanne
18-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for that.. mum mum has been on the phone to the County Council advisors, they assure me I don't need planning permission as it it childminding and I am living on the property. This is so frustrating!.. I will try and get that in writing and submit it with my application.

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 11:12 AM
How annoying and what a pain at this stage

Hope you get it sorted out and hope you dont wait long

Angel xx