PDA

View Full Version : giving up before starting

shazsull
25-09-2012, 04:29 PM
i am registered but just havent taken the bull by the horns as such,im really lacking confidence (i minded years ago before eyfs and got on great with parents)at my pre reg i was told id be a lovely minder, the paperwork side is also worrying me im not the most computer literate so im worried about permissin forms ect,im not a stupid person i am willing to learn .should i try and call my local council dept and try and have a chat before i pack it all in before starting .im just so nervous also when ofsted came she really picked at my grammer on my policies i put we instead of i but i think of me minding as my family group ie we are a none smoking family was told i should put i am a non smoker as im the minder so there in the bin i did admit stealing them from bromley site (well some of them)i now have sarahs book ramble over any advice greatly recieved:)

sarah707
25-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Don't give up!

Why not ask if there are any support minders in your area who you can visit for a bit of help?

or ask your development officer to come round for a chat maybe.

The most important thing is that you enjoy working with the children - the rest can be sorted out.

Hugs xx

loocyloo
25-09-2012, 04:34 PM
where are you?

there might be a minder on here who can help you out? it is daunting to start with, but you enjoy the children. as sarah said, the rest can be sorted out.

xxx