PDA

View Full Version : Lot of Squirrels.

jelly15
25-09-2012, 04:26 PM
We have seen loads more squirrels this year when we have been out walking and in the fourteen years we have been in our home and the forty five years my parents have lived in theirs we have never had squireels in our gardens until this week.

My dad reckons that is the sign of a hard winter ahead. Is this an old wives tale? Have you noticed more squirrels this year?

sarah707
25-09-2012, 05:14 PM
We've seen lots of squirrels after the birds nuts in the garden - they are in gathering mode at the moment.

I hope your dad is wrong! :cold:

xx

Ripeberry
25-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I've seen a squirrel in my back garden a few days ago. It was digging up my lawn to bury some nuts. But this is the first time in 12yrs that I've ever seen one in my garden as we are surrounded by fields and there are hardly any big trees that they could live in.
It must have run all the way through the long grass in the field to get to us, which is quite unusual but all it could mean is that it wanted to check out the bird feeders. But why do it this year? :cool:

angeldelight
25-09-2012, 07:24 PM
We haven't seen one here at our new house

At our old house they were lovely but could be a pain for some and got into our neighbours loft and caused loads of damage

I miss seeing them though

Angel xx

cathtee
25-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I've had a few so far this year, don't mind a cold winter as long as it's dry, fed up of this rain again:(

jaswinder bedi
25-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Not in our garden but yes in park...!!!! I like squrriels i think they are cute to watch. :clapping:

RachelE
25-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I saw the first one since we moved here 4 and half years ago!

I also saw a dead one today :(

We live in the country, but dont really see them.

I hope its not a sign...!

Rachel x

clareelizabeth1
25-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I live in the middle of miles of farmers fields and are the only house with trees for at least a mile. We have two squerils in the seven years I have lived here I have never seen more than two at once and fully believe that that is all I have. I think it is to far for squerils to risk traveling too. But all our trees have been full of berries which is also a sign of a hard winter and the oak trees are full of acorns.