PDA

View Full Version : Bad nappy rash help!?

primula
24-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a nappy rash cream? tried sudo but not touching it today, poor little kid he was crying, parents said he was like that yesterday at home, he seems to have bouts of it, teething related I am sure, any advice would be great. thanks.

singingcactus
24-09-2012, 06:15 PM
If it is teething related then teething powders may help settle his insides a little bit, preventing the rash getting any worse. Ashton and parsons are excellent.

Don't know for the rash, cleaning with water rather than wipes will be kinder to his bottom. If you only have wipes then just rinse them off before you use them. Make sure he is totally clean, and then dry him off before you put on any cream.

Good luck.

jayjay1963
24-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Many years ago when my eldest was a baby, my MIL told me to use raw egg white on her bottom. Spread it on, let it air dry for a few minutes and then put nappy back on. It worked like a dream, better than any cream we tried!
*make sure baby is not under eight months or allergic to eggs!

Jacqui

BucksCM
24-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Metanium...in a yellow tube...and i swear by it!
Both of my children used to get rashes when teething...skin came off, bleeding etc...this stuff covers the skin and doesn't slip off raw skin...it's great!

sarah707
24-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I recommend one made by my local chemist - it's brown and gunky and horrible to put on but it works really well.

Check your pharmacy they might have something similar :D

FussyElmo
24-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Both of my children used to get rashes when teething...skin came off, bleeding etc...this stuff covers the skin and doesn't slip off raw skin...it's great!

I agree always use metanium just don't get the stuff on your clothes or carpet :thumbsup:

funemnx
24-09-2012, 06:42 PM
When my own son had an allergic reation to disposables (30 years ago! :eek:) the doc recomended no nappy, just fresh air which I did. Hard to do when you're minding but it did heal very quickly :thumbsup:

sharonmanc
24-09-2012, 06:45 PM
as much nappy off time as possible, and a barrier cream, if failing that a trip to the docs may be needed. My little one had it bad last month due to teething, and the docs gave her a creme to use then barrier cream over the top, worked a treat.

jaswinder bedi
24-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Like wise debbie mentioned it works.

cathtee
24-09-2012, 07:27 PM
I recommend one made by my local chemist - it's brown and gunky and horrible to put on but it works really well.

Check your pharmacy they might have something similar :D

I had one like that a long time ago it was called zinc and inchthamol? it was fantastic given by the pharmasist (sorry spelling is rubbish)

primula
24-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much for your replies. i will pop in to the chemist and pick up some metanium! i will mention the eggs idea to mum, she might give it a try!

The Juggler
24-09-2012, 09:51 PM
metanium for me too - or just loads of vaseline :thumbsup:

mum22
25-09-2012, 05:50 AM
metanium is a must for me, when dd had chicken pox badly in nappy area it was the only thing that worked, messy stuff but fantastic ! Xx

Kiddleywinks
25-09-2012, 05:56 AM
I used to mix equal quantities of sudocrem and vasaline in a used sudo or vasaline pot and used that.
DD only ever had nappy rash once for a 24 hour period (teething related) DS never had it

Roseolivia
25-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Metanium or bepanthen. I found with both of mine sudocrem made their rash worse.