PDA

View Full Version : Fair

lorettacritchet
24-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Hi, I might be considering taking on someone full time as an assistant. However she has a son who i am currently looking after.

Does anyone have this situation where they have someone working for them who also has a kid and who would be taking a space?

what's the usual agreement? 30% discount off child care fees? etc...I am a little unsure on whats a fair agreement to do. Have you employed this particular assistant? How did you organise payment? say this is what they would get a month and take the childminding fees directly out of the wages?

thanks

Kiddleywinks
24-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Don't have an assistant, so not entirely sure my advice is going to help, but...
I wouldn't be reducing the fees because the child is still attending and taking a space.
Every other parent works and then pays for childcare, the only difference I can see is that the parent is at the same place as his/her child iygwim.

My sister works at a nursery, she didn't get any reductions for her children whist they attended and she was working.

If you decide to take fees out of wages, make sure it's clearly documented that that is what is being taken off for childcare.

tess1981
24-09-2012, 09:52 AM
I do not think I would reduce the fee. The child is taking up a full time space after all and in my experience a child plays up more when mother around so this could get tuff going and you will earn your money

nicola1981
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
i have an assitant and pay min wage and reduce her wage to 4ph if she brings her child (my hourly rate for childcare is 4ph) so 50% discount but child is 18m so taking up eyfs space