PDA

View Full Version : anyone willing to share their meal plan this week?

mrs robbie williams
23-09-2012, 01:31 PM
need a week of using up bits from the freezer and need to do my meal plan but getting bored of the same thing, have a one year old for dinner four nights a week and then a 8yr old one day a week, along with my 3 and dh. I also provide lunches and could do with a bit of inspiration for that aswell if anyone fancies sharing xx

Monkey1
23-09-2012, 01:50 PM
HERE YOU GO6405

rachelle
23-09-2012, 03:02 PM
we've got for mains:
Monday: Chicken wraps and salsa salad
Tuesday: Cauliflower and potato cheese
Wednesday: Oven baked risotto
Thursday: Jacket potatoes and salad
Friday: Hot dogs

snacks alternate fruit / breadsticks and cheese / tuc crackers

Breakfast is cereal all week but there's only one in and she doesn't like toast!

loocyloo
23-09-2012, 03:15 PM
we have ;
monday; tea;tortellini
tuesday;lunch;cheese & marmite sandwich
tea; pork, veg & noodle stirfry ( no pork for veggie! )
wednesday;lunch; baked potato, tuna & sweetcorn
tea; spaghetti bolognese
thursday; lunch; scrambled egg on toast
tea; chicken casserole, veggies & bulgar wheat ( casserole made with quorn for veggie )
friday; lunch; pasta & sausage
tea; baked fish, mash & veggies

usually fruit and/or yogurt for pudding. will probably make some type of crumble of upside cake to have with custard mid week!

singingcactus
23-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Only doing 2 cooked meals this week.

We'll be having chickpea curry with quinoa on one day, and probably baked potatoes with either a chili filling or a tuna filling, and either cow cheese or soy cheese on the other.

The curry will be done in the slow cooker, set to go in the morning, ready to eat in the evening.

Velleity
23-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Tomorrow will be Salmon Fillet with Brown Rice and some vegetables .. probably spinach and/or tenderstem broccoli. Haven't decided for the rest of the week yet!

sarah707
23-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Monday - fish with new potatoes (those tiny ones) and broccoli

Tuesday - chicken in tomato sauce with pasta and peas

Wednesday - sausage casserole with mash

Thursday - pasta bolognese

We don't work on Friday :D

mushpea
23-09-2012, 05:58 PM
dont have mindees for tea at the moment but our menu is
Monday- pork chops
tuesday- beef and lamb stew
Wednesday- erm probably pasta
Thursday-pizza for kids date night for us cause for once both of ours will be out at the same time:clapping:
Friday-Chicken legs, veg, potatoes

lunches consist of either sandwich/sausage roll/crackers and cheese or ham/ then a peice of fruit, somtimes breadsticks or a rice cake then either yoghut/ceral bar/home made cake for desert.

jaswinder bedi
23-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I do hav set meal, also its great to know what children like to eat and you can rotate it every two weeks, i also mix it up with indian food i.e rice and peas and cheese curry, lentil soup and toast, noodles, sweet and sour chicken and rice, as i have multicultral children and go with the flow and also i have a set menu too!!!:clapping:

mrs robbie williams
24-09-2012, 05:57 AM
thanks for your help guys xx

child_friendly
24-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Does everyone cook everything from fresh? Where do you find the time?

loocyloo
24-09-2012, 12:17 PM
i pretty much cook from fresh. sometimes i batch cook & then freeze meals ( bolognese etc )

i prep first thing in the morning and meals go in slow cooker or in fridge to cook later, but otherwise i prep/cook after lunch whilst LO have naps or quiet time. sometimes i have LO sitting at kitchen table drawing, but i encourage napping here! then usually all i need to do it throw some pasta or veggies in a pan when we get home from school, ready for tea. on a tuesday i do a late school pick up, so i usually cook tea and leave it on the side covered, ready to serve the second we walk in the door!!

its just getting into the routine. i was a nanny for years before childminding and cooking tea after lunch is just what i have always done! :D

helengreen13
24-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Monday is roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and steamed veg
Tuesday is homemade pizza and salad
Wednesday is chicken strips with herb crust, new potatoes or rice and salad
Thursday is spaghetti bolognaise or lasagna with veg and garlic bread
Friday is toad in the hole, mash and veg.

Puddings are Frubes, fruit and ice cream, jelly pots or homemade chocolate brownies.
Snacks are fruit, crackers, cheese or, homemade biscuits.
Drinks are water, milk or orange/apple or berry juice.