PDA

View Full Version : please help

cat lady at 38
22-09-2012, 03:54 PM
hi there ofsted due this week so doing last bit of paperwork for 1st graded inspection. one of the new requirements on sarahs list (and i have to say it was brill along with all advice given) is to change the parent information guide on EYFS to reflect your way of working. i had a look at the parents info guide on eyfs website but his seems to be a really long document to print off and give parents, as i am new to this please can you tell me what it means, am i just doing a small leaflet explaining about EYFS and about how we do things? should i include things like our usual routine, what we promote such as good manners and repecting each otther, please am i on the correct track. thank you in advance for your replies:)

sarah707
22-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I have used the EYFS information document on www.foundationyears.org.uk as a basis for my own info sheet to give to parents about the EYFS.

Mine is 2 pages rather than 8!!

If you don't want to write your own you could add your blurb to the Foundation Years document and either print one copy to display for parents (and ask them to read it) or maybe send it to them by email.

Hth :D

VeggieSausage
22-09-2012, 04:48 PM
i just printed that doc off and put it in their learning journey....

blue bear
22-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I totally re wrote parent info leaflet to two pages, each parent has been given o e with a verbal explanation too.
I put info in my new parent leaflet about eyfs too for new parents

sharonmanc
22-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I have just printed that doc off and given to parents, and also added to new parent info packs

bunyip
23-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Surrey County Council have a 2-page version of a parent's guide in the downloads section of their website.
:)

jaswinder bedi
23-09-2012, 12:42 PM
As mentions by others friends also dont forget to get parents signed and get their comments on it too. :thumbsup:

JCrakers
24-09-2012, 09:58 AM
My council told me to print off 1 copy and leave it by the front door so its accessible to all :D

But i emailed them a link

jennie1312
27-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I have the long guide which i email to parents of if requested i print it off, most parents are happy to have it emailed to them, i also email all policies to them and get them to sign a slip consenting to them policies.