PDA

View Full Version : Old training certificates etc. how long

desiderata
22-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Desperately trying to sort out paperwork and for obvious reasons Im trying to cull what I can, I have thrown away old EYFS stuff (hope that was right) now in my folder I have certificates from training from the 80s onwards , how long do hyou keep things or is it ok to get rid of some and thin things out a bit ?

sarah707
22-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I get rid of training certificates when I have renewed them or when they are no longer relevant.

I have a list of training I have attended which goes back years and years but certificates only from the last 3 / 4 years - except important ones of course :D

rickysmiths
22-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I keep all may training certs and have them going back to 'O'Levels in the 70s, Brownie and Guide Badges ++++ I keep them all they are all achievements in life I couldn't bear to throw them away.

My children were amazed to see my mums Grade 6 Piano Cert not long ago and her old 'A' level Certs. My mum passed away in 1994 two days after my son was born so neither of my children remember her they know my husbands Dad was musical, he taught music the way their Dad does, but had no idea that my mum was also musical.