PDA

View Full Version : trampolines and insurance

3 little ducks
19-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Any views on this? our trampoline is sunk into the ground, it stands about a foot high so has no safety net. Do you all have seperate ins for cm children using the trampoline or does your cm ins cover it? have you got policies/permissions for trampoline use? just wondering what others do and your thoughts on it:)

hello kitty
19-09-2012, 08:16 PM
My insurance covers cm children. I have a policy and permission from each set of parents. I also have a separate risk assessment. Children have to be over 6 years old to use it under my supervision. ;)

Pipsqueak
19-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I know NCMA insurance covers you for your mindees using your trampoline in line with manufacturers guidelines.
Have a clear policy and rules/Risk assessment

jadavi
19-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I Think your trampoline sounds too dangerous to use if it stands only a foot high. Someone could hit the ground on it and have a serious injury - whether you're insured or not....

mrs robbie williams
20-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Any views on this? our trampoline is sunk into the ground, it stands about a foot high so has no safety net. Do you all have seperate ins for cm children using the trampoline or does your cm ins cover it? have you got policies/permissions for trampoline use? just wondering what others do and your thoughts on it:)

I really want ours sunk into the ground but dh just fobs me off every time i mention it saying 'where would all the earth go'
where did you put yours? and how far down did you dig? xx

Pipsqueak
20-09-2012, 08:26 AM
I Think your trampoline sounds too dangerous to use if it stands only a foot high. Someone could hit the ground on it and have a serious injury - whether you're insured or not....

the OP said that her trampoline is sunk into the ground - ie the underneath is dug out

sarak31
20-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I think the key thing is as Pipsqueak said, that it is line with manufacturers guidelines - so whatever age your instruction manual says (ours is aged 8 upwards) and you don't let children under 8 go on it. You need to have a risk assessment on how you prevent under 8's (or whatever age it is) go on it as well as for those allowed to use it.
Or so I was told by ofsted when they last visited me 

3 little ducks
20-09-2012, 09:47 PM
its dug out really deep under neath!!! and you cant get underneath it. the soil went into building a rockery, levelling out the garden and into a skip. How do you stop under 8's going on it, bit unfair if they see others on it and they cant go on it? :)

3 little ducks
20-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I really want ours sunk into the ground but dh just fobs me off every time i mention it saying 'where would all the earth go'
where did you put yours? and how far down did you dig? xx

I have seen them sunk into the ground at quite a few theme parks, beaches etc, not sure how deep it is under but i bounce on it and have never hit the ground under it so its deep enough for me and I'm not a leightweight lol. in my eyes i see my trampoline as safer to use than ones that are high, esp as the nets are not really much protection from falling. My own son has fallen off high trampolines and yet never fallen on ours! luckily never a serious fall but once i did think he may never give me grandkids:laughing: as he fell and legs were each side of a net and he was left dangling lol.

jaswinder bedi
20-09-2012, 09:58 PM
You can get a net around it!! I think B&Q sells them i m planning to get one to wrap around my trampoline. also we have to pull the trampoline from side to side as it can get dug into the ground as soil and the grass can get soft due to rain!!;) insurance iam sure garden equipment is covered.
never came accross any thing about the insurance issue having trampoline. i have had it since nine years, ofsted never asked for it too

Pipsqueak
21-09-2012, 06:26 AM
its dug out really deep under neath!!! and you cant get underneath it. the soil went into building a rockery, levelling out the garden and into a skip. How do you stop under 8's going on it, bit unfair if they see others on it and they cant go on it? :)

you stop them from going on it by:
your house rules
you explain the rules and the dangers
supervision
etc

I know its 'unfair' but you either accept the conditions for your insurance OR you stop all of them going on.

I have a tramp and only my kids are allowed on. I can't be chewed with the who can and can't go on. James uses for practising his acrobatics mainly.

shortstuff
27-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I have the net on mine which is padlocked closed just in case I have an adventurer who manages to sneak past me. The padlock will only be removed by me if the child/children are old enough to go on it and have parental permission. Just an idea for you x