PDA

View Full Version : Surgery

Debbieanne
16-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone, I'm on 2 weeks recovery at the moment from a gall bladder removal op....has anyone ever had this, if so how long did it take you to feel able to have the children back? It's been 10 days since the op and I'm still sore :(

The Juggler
16-09-2012, 09:11 PM
ouch hon. sorry you are still so sore. I think you need to listen to your body - when you are ready xx

sarah707
16-09-2012, 09:12 PM
If you are not feeling like you are healing properly you should get some advice from the doc hunny.

Just take things easy as well - you need to rest.

Hugs xx

jaswinder bedi
16-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Ooo sounds very painful, Take it easy love, health first. You will no when you are ready. Seek advice as sarah mentioned.

debbie
16-09-2012, 09:20 PM
i had mine removed 16 years ago through keyhole surgery. took me about 8 weeks maybe a bit longer. had 3 young children of my own including a baby of 9 months. was told to be careful lifting him up. take your time don't rush back into work.

Toothfairy
17-09-2012, 07:02 AM
I had two weeks off but to be honest I needed longer. I only went back because I couldn't afford the lost income.
I had full surgery (not keyhole) and the scar got infected, I was a right state.
I found walking, driving, lifting, bending etc very painful.

Cammie Doodle
17-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I took 2 weeks off after keyhole surgery, but i had a hysterectomy 6months prior so ( with a few months off to recover) did not feel I should take any longer off, I only had one youngster that needed picking up at the time. You need to listen to your body though

Debbieanne
17-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Thank you for your kind words everyone.
I have all this week off so I'm hoping I will be ready to have the lo's back, i am totally resting as boring as it is.