PDA

View Full Version : Toucanlearn

SamBaker
16-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded to toucanlearn and what you thought of it?

Thanks xxx

SamBaker
17-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Anyone use this?

loocyloo
17-09-2012, 01:16 PM
never heard of it!

just googled it. looks interesting! might have a read :D

zippy
17-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I looked into it and did sign up, but them I found orbit which I prefer, however toucan came a close second, if you email them they may upgrade you for a trial period to check it out fully they did for me

SamBaker
18-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I looked into it and did sign up, but them I found orbit which I prefer, however toucan came a close second, if you email them they may upgrade you for a trial period to check it out fully they did for me

Ah ok Thank you, it looked ok but like to see what everyone else thinks of something before spending more money lol!!

xx

SamBaker
18-09-2012, 06:52 AM
What is Orbit please?

bulldog
18-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I used Toucan Learn for a while after it was recommended to me by a friend who is a nursery teacher. I found it useful if I ever got stuck for ideas for planning, activities are usually simple and explained well and they tell you what aspects it covers too! :)
Ive not had a look since the EYFS changed tho.

SamBaker
18-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Thank you xx

jaswinder bedi
18-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Question is would childminder need that!!! Never heard of it dear?

zippy
18-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Orbit is free and I can't rate it enough, they advertise in the buisness section of website. Www.orbit.so you can also type orbit so into Facebook to read all their reviews, theres nothing like it on the market from what I've seen. Fan for sharing with parents and nurseries and all FREE what more can a childminder ask for lol. Already saving me absolutley tons of time and money from printing.

bulldog
23-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Question is would childminder need that!!! Never heard of it dear?

Its a website full of ideas for activities for different age groups, also tells you what area of learning it covers.
Doesnt matter if you are Nursery, or Childminder everyone needs some inspiration sometimes im sure. :)