PDA

View Full Version : School holidays

JueQ
15-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Can I ask advice. I have term time only contracts where I charge half rate in the holidays to keep the place open for the next term. I have a new child who I'm basically a taxi for. I charge them my full rate for after school even though the child isn't in my care for long. They are still taking an after school place and want to know if you thinks it's fair for me to charge my half rate in the hols. I want to do it as it's my norm but hubby thinks I'm being unfair.

Opinions please!

Pipsqueak
15-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Can I ask advice. I have term time only contracts where I charge half rate in the holidays to keep the place open for the next term. I have a new child who I'm basically a taxi for. I charge them my full rate for after school even though the child isn't in my care for long. They are still taking an after school place and want to know if you thinks it's fair for me to charge my half rate in the hols. I want to do it as it's my norm but hubby thinks I'm being unfair.

Opinions please!

if those are your terms and conditions of contract and its been clearly and transparently explained - verbally and in writing - yes I think its perfectly fair and ok.

JueQ
15-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks. That's what I was going to do. Contracts not been done yet as only started this week. Hubby always makes me doubt myself when it comes to pricing!

FussyElmo
15-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks. That's what I was going to do. Contracts not been done yet as only started this week. Hubby always makes me doubt myself when it comes to pricing!

Have you discussed the holiday charges with the parents before starting. the only thing i would say is if they are not expecting to pay half price it may come as a suprise.

JueQ
15-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes, I have and it's in my paperwork